brahman104

HK B-17...C!!!!!!!! 23/6 Buckets of bullets

Posted (edited)

Craig,

This is truly Amazing work you're doing here.. 

I am TOTALLY flabbergasted! :o

You are working this with every tool in the arsenal.

Keep up the Excellent work ! 

Pip

Edited by Piprm

Nice work man!  I can see even at lower resolution this could be invaluably helpful to modeling. Someday a 3D printer will be on my to purchase list.

Model on! 

16 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Looks good so far - looks like the resolution was rather low when you converted your 3D drawings into STL format. 

Hi Ben, thanks! I still have a lot to learn with this. Are you talking about when I first exported from Rhino or changing printing resolution in the photon? I'm not really sure about either process, so any pointers you have would be much appreciated! :)

15 hours ago, Piprm said:

Craig,

This is truly Amazing work you're doing here.. 

I am TOTALLY flabbergasted! :o

You are working this with every tool in the arsenal.

Keep up the Excellent work ! 

Pip

Thanks very much Pip! Yep, certainly redefining my modelling limits with this one, definitely made possible by access to things like 3D modelling and laser cutting :)

9 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Nice work man!  I can see even at lower resolution this could be invaluably helpful to modeling. Someday a 3D printer will be on my to purchase list.

Model on! 

Thanks Brian! I think you owe it to yourself, you won't be disappointed!

When you first exported from Rhino! I do not have experience with Rhino, but when you export parts from Inventor and have the STL resolution turned to 'low', my parts look like yours. Check if there are any options when you export your part to STL and if so, check if you can turn the export resolution to 'high'.

7 hours ago, BauAir said:

but now the most important question:

Which 3D-printer did You use ???

The prints look perfect

G'day mate, thanks for looking in on the build! I've mentioned it a few times throughout the thread but I'm using the Anycubic Photon, as quite a few of the other guys here are too.

Cheers,

Craig

Craig,

What can I say! You just keep outdoing yourself with your "do overs!"

I thought your original ammo box was a work of art, but your new ones look fantastic --- and must be a timesaver!

I have to wonder sometimes if the C will ever be "truly" finished with your eye always on accuracy and revisiting items that where thought to be put to rest!

I'll love to see her when fiinshed, but each "delay" is an interesting project in itself! I for one can wait as long as it takes. Every step you take us through is well worth the wait!

Terry