HK B-17...C 5/4 sweating the metal

brahman104

7 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Super work, Craig! Aluminium Overcast, indeed.

Kev

Thanks very much Kev! I really need to set up a proper photo booth....... I'd better do a search and see if there's an article on LSP that might give me a few pointers....

7 hours ago, patricksparks said:

Looking absolutely stunning !!!

Pat

Thanks very much Pat! As you know, aluminium is soooo much fun once you get the hang of it. Having said that, the internal bomb bay door detail will probably be made from styrene and painted, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do right?

That Mustang of yours is absolutely epic!

2 hours ago, JayW said:

OMG it's a B-17!!!   Craig - I am amazed by everything, but especially the bomb bay and the wing-to-body fairings.  Fabulous metal work.  Really.

Thanks so much Jay! You've been tagging along on this journey for so long now, you've definitely seen how the learning curve has got me to this point :). I really can't stop looking at her sitting on my bench...... she actually looks like she's on a production line! 

48 minutes ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Craig,

This has to be one of the most amazing freakin’ builds on the the web right now! WOW!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hey Wolf, great to hear from you!!! Thank you so much! Even after all this time I'm still really enjoying it, and would literally be at it all day, every day if work and my wife didn't have something to say about it! :) 

Craig,

Nice "recovery" with the bomb bay "adjustment!"

Looking forward to seeing your bomb bay doors interior face.  I'm sure you'll capture that unique curvature of the ribs.

I was waiting with great anticipation to see how you pulled off the wing root fairings. As usual, you did --- and beautifully done!

You must be getting really amped up with the steady progress your making. You still have a lot of work ahead of you, but you must be feeling that you're coming up on the "home stretch."

Terry