Desert Bronco 4/23 Calling Crew Done

marauderdriver

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the Heads-up about the gear doors as they usually fit like crap and a lot of blending is needed (still like it better than wheel well and gear detailing)

I was thinking about having to protect  the glass since it almost has to be installed when you still have a lot of work to do before paint.

The eject pin marks  appear to be buried in the front pit and I saw in some pic the rear pit has a switch for seat adjustment and I had a couple

of parts from my J6 kit that fit the bill and glued them in the pin marks to cover them up. I'm sure there isn't a switch on both sides as the pics are of

both A & D models.  Call it Imagineering which I do ALOT of.

Thanks for stopping by

jack

Some pics of the rear IP shroud, the square part on top is the front seat rails that are surrounded by the shroud.

Rear seat rail is added.  I plan to use the IP decals as Brian did with his.  Still have to add the CRT tube gun cover behind the pilots left elbowIMG_2721.jpgIMG_2725.jpgIMG_2722.jpg

Edited by marauderdriver

IMG_2821.jpgIMG_2828.jpgIMG_2830.jpgThank You Erick,

Well I have managed to paint up the IPs and added the decals. Brian's tip on separating the decal into smaller parts is what I did.

I still managed to get them on and be a 'Little off".  After they dried I Futured the glass and they look OK.

I had a Brain-fart about what the CRT screen of an  aircraft in-flight and operating would look like?  Any ideas?IMG_2816.jpgIMG_2817.jpgIMG_2819.jpg

Edited by marauderdriver

Jack-

The 'pit looks great!  Don't have any specific info on the CRT's though I suspect a good place to start would be whether they are the monochrome or "VGA" type with colors.  Beyond that, function, mode and software package...  wish I had more than 2 cents to throw in here.  

Kai

Kai

Thanks Much!   Still trying to figure it out but not sure if it would be worth it.......

MARU

Thank You Sir  I keep trying to improve some things with out getting NUTS, especially cockpits because of the pilots I like to use...

Loic 

Thanks Much....

Erick

Thank You for the information, as I wonder if I can pull something off that would not look like some paint blobs or leave well enough alone.....

I appreciate each of your input and I'm writing it this way because the Quote System will not work for me   8.1?  IE11?   or just CURSED

Thanks for looking in and if LSP Paul had not DRAGGED me into some video game I would make some progress with this thing

JacktheMarauder    

GO!!! COLTS!!!!!          

Edited by marauderdriver

I also cut the FLIR crt  screen and moving it rearward. I will add the rear to the CRT FLIR screen over the pilots left shoulder just as Jack did. The joy stick for the FLIR is mounted under the left corner of the CRT screen for your info. So Throttles to the wall and turning the FLIR pod down. Your bottom of the FLIR joy stick and throttles would clear by a few inches. :hmmm:

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Erick,

Did you move the bulkhead between the pits forward?

My IP is in the original location to line up with the divide between the front and rear canopy and I moved the bulkhead forward 3/8 inch and added

an extension for the shroud to mount to.

I put a picture on page 1 of my bulkhead moved forward, though it is kinda buried in Silly Putty.  There is a gap behind the front seat that needs

to be filled and by moving the bulkhead forward you take up the gap and gives more room for the larger shroud.

You can see the IP shroud extension on page 2 and the extension I added for it to mount to.

As I said in the beginning this my not be "correct" it is my answer to deepening the shroud  while keeping the IP in the same place and filling in the gap

behind the seat.

Hope this make sense and please don't hesitate to ask to clarify. I don't always explain stuff really well.

Jack

I also cut the FLIR crt  screen and moving it rearward. I will add the rear to the CRT FLIR screen over the pilots left shoulder just as Jack did. The joy stick for the FLIR is mounted under the left corner of the CRT screen for your info. So Throttles to the wall and turning the FLIR pod down. Your bottom of the FLIR joy stick and throttles would clear by a few inches. :hmmm:

Cheers

Hey Vandy,

I decided to leave the CRT where it is but I agree it needs a little more angle to it. I'm also considering repainting the front of the monitor

aluminum to match the few pics I've seen, if I try to do something to the screen.  Haven't made up my mind yet.

Erick mentioned about the wall behind the rear pit and I saw some pics of the A model with no wall, but I thought I saw something about the D having one.

any thoughts.

Are you planning to start a WIP for yours?

Thanks 

jack

Ah I see what you did now makes sense,  well I have already cut mine and will refix not that hard will prob just glue to side of walls wont see it anyway, I know that the back wall is not there on the real a/c just the armor plate so I have already removed mine and am going to detail up that back area that is just visible enough behind the seat, thanks for the clarification, Vandy if im not mistaken the FLIR controller is on the right side console I have a pic somewhere in my Bronco folder that shows it when I find it i'll double check on it.

Hi Erick,

How much o the wall did you remove?  The pics I have of the D model show a beam across there about were the 2 lines are molded on the kit wall.

I also don't see any armor behind the Obsvr seat which is why I left mine out.

I'm going back to look at the pics again as I had in my mind that the D had a complete wall back there, but I'm OLD and have CRS and am constantly 

having to go back and look at $#!t

Thanks 

Jack