Phantoms, phantoms, phantoms

Menelaos

COOL!  

What did we call the F-4 back in "TheDay"?

Oh Yeah!!    "Smoke Belching Barn Doors" :punk: :punk:           said with the Proper Affection of course ! :rofl: :rofl:

Greece is lucky they don't have an EPA, because I don't think they would allow these "Smokers" to start-up much less fly.

EPA, IRS and DHS  are the 3 branches of government now in the US.

So badly in need of a good 1/32 IM RF-4 kit, or Tamiya RF-4 conversion with clear resin parts, or the 1990s Revell re-popped with revised canopy parts.

Tony

Take the RF-4C Revell kit ...(see my article about it)   http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=201

Edited by Menelaos

Take the RF-4C Revell kit ...(see my article about it)   http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=201

Nice builds Menelaos !

The Revell has its merits but I'm hoping Gary Hatherly at G&T Resin will conquer clear resin casting and give us the best RF-4 series, based on the Tamiya airframe.

RF-4B, RF-4C or RF-4E, flat or round camera hatches, thin or thick wing roots, hard wing or LES, small or long jet cans, etc., should all be possible.

Tony

COOL!  

What did we call the F-4 back in "TheDay"?

Oh Yeah!!    "Smoke Belching Barn Doors" :punk: :punk:           said with the Proper Affection of course ! :rofl: :rofl:

Greece is lucky they don't have an EPA, because I don't think they would allow these "Smokers" to start-up much less fly.

EPA, IRS and DHS  are the 3 branches of government now in the US.

the days of the RFs are already counted.... They will be gone too like the corsair and replaced from the vipers....I don#t know if the 348 TRS will be disbanded as well and never reactivated again...the recon role will be overtake from the F-16 .....wait and see

The HAF F-4E has been tugging away at me for some time now, so thanks to Menelaos' article and inspiration, I think that I am going to modify my RF-4C into an HAF RF-4E  :) 

From this:

9092021099_b886e9ec73_z.jpg

To this:

458270.jpg

I shall look at what mods I need to do, but I understand that most of what I need is already supplied in the kit. I think that it would be really cool to make this one.

Derek