F8F Bearcat

Nic C.D.

It's been quite some time since I've been active on LSP and busy times are no excuse of course, so my excuses for that. My posting again might drop the overal level, but I have to play my role! Tonight, however, I've managed to finish a kit: Trumpeter's F8F Bearcat. 

Very nice kit of a really cool looking aircraft. I added just a little detail; the open panel could use some. It truly was a joy to build and the decals are from the box. They went on like a dream, by the way. I used Tamiya and Gunze paint. The dark blue wasn't the easiest colour. It was very transparent and I had to put on about seventy four layers or so.

Enough of the bla-blah; here are a few photos. 

Foto-XSVVY8OU-D.jpg

This Bearcat is pretty high on its feet because of the propellor. Makes the gear a bit wobbly in the beginning, but it turns out great!

Foto-MTLD6TAC-D.jpg

First layer was chrome, followed by a spunch of maskol and the dark blue. Shading was done with tire black. 

Foto-WINMZAEE-D.jpg

A view on the other side:

Foto-EIJDJ6A3-D.jpg

Little close-up of the nose and the open panel:

Foto-YJLBDCBW-D.jpg

The open panel edges are simple sprue with a plenty of holes that were punch in it. Only took me eight tests to get it exceptable. 

Anyway, if you have one in the stash, build it! It's fun!

I hope you enjoy the result and I'll try to be back sooner (auch!)

Nic

Thanks for the feedback everyone ! It's good to be back. Sorry again for taking so long to post something.

I've always liked the Bearcat, sure stands out between the Luftwaffe kits I've done lately. Not sure what I'll do next though... I still have an Intruder, an Me-110, a Dragonfly and an F-106 to finish.

Thanks for asking Kevin, I'll send you the photos!

Nic 

Thanks for posting the story Kevin! I was a little worried how to bring live into an all dark blue aircraft, but it turned out not too bad. I've been thinking about building a Skyraider and now I'm not sure if I'd build agrey, camo or blue one... 

One thing I've never done is metal finish. I might give that a go. 

Nic

• 8 months later...