I am impressed! I just received my HK Models B-25J kit

alaninaustria

Guest Clunkmeister

I was lucky enough to acquire an H model gun nose version here at LSP, and although it sits waiting a slot in my build schedule, it is an absolutely beautiful knt.

Mine came with the full Eduard treatment, G factor gear, Brassin wheels, and Relish and AMS props. I will use the AMS props simply because Harold is a cool guy :-)

I have his urge to do a PBJ-1H, and will pick up a resin wingtip radar pod for it as well.

I love Navy birds, and they don't get much better than a USMC B-25!

Now, do we build it before or after the TBM, SBD, ZM 219, and Felixtowe... I'm gonna be busy for 50 years!

Edited by Clunkmeister

Indeed, this is an excellent kit. The only thing puzzling me is the lack of floor in the rear fuselage section. Hopefully, this is not VERY visible.

Even OOTB, the kit looks really impressive. Considering this is their FIRST kit, I'm sure we will get some terrific items from them in the future. I hope they will go on with multi-engine planes as Trumpeter seems to have noticeably slowed down the release pace whereas they were the main provider of large kits.

Masters are the way to go ... I'm pretty sure the others are copied from the kit barrels which have sizing issues.

Rog :)

Definitely................IIRC, there were issues with the length of the tail gun barrel specifically. If you use the OOB tail gun covers and barrels, the gun barrels going through the cover are not long enough to be glued into the actual body of the gun inside the cover.

What do you like more about the Relish props, the attachment pins? They have been out of stock for a while...any good sources for them?

Mike

Yep. Love AMS stuff, but the Relish props are direct replacement and are literally push fits into the kit hubs.

Indeed, this is an excellent kit. The only thing puzzling me is the lack of floor in the rear fuselage section. Hopefully, this is not VERY visible.

It is pretty much completely invisible in the rear fuselage. I figured this out after scratching up the entire rear interior.  Once the guns are in, you lose all visibility in there

Matt  :frantic: