Pfalz Pfinished!

Wolf Buddee

Hey Wolf....Lovely work,and I am sorry for the loss of your canine,feel stupid now. Have a question for you..Just received my Aviatic faded decal sheet for the WNW Roland,but no tape strips! I see you have them in place,so what did you use? Thinking the WNW sheet cut to 1mm and placed??

Absolutely right Bill. The Aviattic decal instructions say to use the WnWs rib tape decals. If you use the Aviattic decal material as rib tapes you'll have to paint or decal a light colored strip to act as an underlay. Their decal material is that translucent. I just used the rib tape decals supplied with the Pfalz kit. Have fun but keep in mind Aviattic's decals are very hard to trim once applied so measure twice and cut once as the old saying goes.

Cheers,

Wolf

Absolutely right Bill. The Aviattic decal instructions say to use the WnWs rib tape decals. If you use the Aviattic decal material as rib tapes you'll have to paint or decal a light colored strip to act as an underlay. Their decal material is that translucent. I just used the rib tape decals supplied with the Pfalz kit. Have fun but keep in mind Aviattic's decals are very hard to trim once applied so measure twice and cut once as the old saying goes.

Cheers,

Wolf

Big thanks Wolf... :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Hey Wolf....Lovely work,and I am sorry for the loss of your canine,feel stupid now. Have a question for you..Just received my Aviatic faded decal sheet for the WNW Roland,but no tape strips! I see you have them in place,so what did you use? Thinking the WNW sheet cut to 1mm and placed??

Hi, WilliamJ

Our Aviattic Roland sets have the tapes on the decals so I'm a bit puzzled as to what you mean? Our individual lozenge sheets are bolts only so have you bought those?

We now produce all our lozenge sheets on "white decal" backing for cut into strips for rib tape application - all listed on the website - email me if you need some assistance....

sales@aviattic.co.uk

Looking forward to seeing this Pfalz finished, Wolf!

Regards, Richard

Thanks for all the kind words folks!

I had the day off yesterday and I spent the majority of it rigging the Pfalz. There's a little bit of touch up, some more tension required of a couple of the wires, and painting of the propeller and she's basically done. I used 2lb fishing line for the wires as I wanted the wires to be a structural element of the model just like on the real plane. Any slack in the line was taken up by holding the eye end of a sowing needle that's been heated over a candle flame close to the line. You have to be careful but if do it right you can see the line snap taunt with the application of heat. If you do it wrong,......well, you burn through the line. Ask me how I know. :whistle:  After the wires were attached and adjusted they were painted with Mr. Metal Iron. The lower attachment points were GasPatch Models turnbuckles and at the top end, Bob's Buckles brass tubing. I managed to take a couple of quick pics to post before I darted out the door for work.

Cheers,

Wolf

Pfalz-35_zpsjpkbkmwv.jpg

Pfalz-36_zps7xhkun0n.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Holy Cow, is the Pfalz looking fantastic. Awesome work on the rigging - looking so sweet.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Beautiful work Wolf,

How do you get the ends of your rigging so neat..... Ie after you have threaded them through the Gaspatch turnbuckles, how are you tensioning and securing the loose end?

Would you mind sharing your technique with us please?