Pfalz Pfinished!

Wolf Buddee

very nice

Thanks Ron, she's getting' there!

That is really shaping up nicely ..You should be buttoning up the Fuselage soonish?

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  

Soonish eh? Sounds right. the engine has to be completed and installed before the fuselage can come together so there's a bit of work to be done yet but soonish, yeah that sounds right, LOL!

Beautiful work so far, inspiration or intimidation..... hmmmmmm.....:-)

Cheers...

Thanks Spikelhund. Inspirational would be nice but intimidation would be the worst case scenario. These Wingnut Wings kits are amazing and only require a little care to get the very best out of one's model.

Good to see the master back sharing his magic! :popcorn:

Enjoying the build Wolf.

Happy holidays to you, Chuck.

Thank-you Chuck. Not much magic here though but I'm glad to be back sharing a build. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2015 to you too.

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Brilliant work on the front offcie and the details added seatbelts and harness are incredibly done. You know me, absolutely nothing better then clean and slightly used look and this is how it's done: fantastic work. I have checked with the authorities and people who know about such things and it has been documented that the Carpet Monster does have a brother: the Concrete Scalawag - sure looks like he is up to his old tricks.

Keep 'em cominmg

Peter

• 1 month later...

Head games and a visit to the parts department............. :D

It's been a while since I've worked on this project. Year end celebrations, time with family and recent health issues have kept me away from the bench. I thought it high time to get back in the saddle so after a little bit of fun removing unwanted kit detail and drilling holes to accept some wonderful Taurus Models resin details I have some pics to post. I hope this stuff isn't too repetitive as I've already done this once before on my Fokker DVII. I will however be adding some new pieces from Taurus Models, in particular their beautiful fuel primer cups. These should be fun to paint, weather, and add to each cylinder. Taurus Models actually give you three different styles of fuel primer cups so I thought I would post pics of all three styles. With a little luck I'll be able to throw some paint on the individual components and start with the assembly.

Thanks for your continuing encouragement.

Cheers,

Wolf

Cylinderhead-1_zps8dbdbc44.jpg

Cylinderhead-5_zpsba5c75ae.jpg

Cylinderhead-4_zps95d59a74.jpg

These are the ones I'll be using.

Cylinderhead-3_zpsd0822d30.jpg

These are the other two, more simplified styles.

Cylinderhead-2_zps03c7a765.jpg

'Valve springs both opened and closed.'

I would not have guessed one could tell the difference between the two in 1/32nd scale since the opening is measured in the thousandths of an inch.  But who knew?

Good show, Wolf.  Super tiny details.  Make sure you wear eye protection, just in case!

Sincerely,

Mark

'Valve springs both opened and closed.'

I would not have guessed one could tell the difference between the two in 1/32nd scale since the opening is measured in the thousandths of an inch.  But who knew?

Good show, Wolf.  Super tiny details.  Make sure you wear eye protection, just in case!

Sincerely,

Mark

LOL, Mark! You know, you're absolutely right but what makes the Taurus Models valve spring assemblies so cool is that the open valves are cast with the coils of the springs visibly compressed in comparison to the closed valves. The instructions also show which sequence you need to install the assemblies in so that the valve timing is correct. Overall, the fidelity of the details in these parts is incredible right down to the adjustment screws and the pinch bolts on each rocker arm for setting the valve clearance. Crazy detail for such tiny pieces to be sure.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Wolfe

Geez, incredible details to add and I sure hope the Carpet Monster isn't in town, Glad you're back in the saddle and rolling.

Looking forward to your next update with all the gorgeous details installed, painted and weathered.,

Keep 'em coming

Peter

I managed to get a good start on the cylinder heads today. The clamps for the coolant pipes were added between the cylinders and I got all the fuel primer cups assembled and painted. I also started painting the spark plugs and the cylinders got a coat of Tamiya's semi gloss black from the spray can. I sure hope that a lot of this stuff will be visible when the engine is installed and enclosed within the fuselage!  :huh:

Cheers,

Wolf

Cylinderhead-8_zps280201c6.jpg

Cylinderhead-9_zpscca936f8.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Beautiful work Wolf, it's going to look amazing I know. What paint have you used for the fuel primer cups, it looks very smooth with no 'grain'?

Cheers...

Hi Mike, I used Alclad polished brass over Tamiya's fine white primer from a spray can. The primer is decanted from the spray can and shot through the ol' airbrush. Once the brass is dry I covered the brass with Tamiya's clear gloss, again from the spray can.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee