Pfalz Pfinished!

Wolf Buddee

Just look at that little seat you did..I don't like it...don't like it at all.  Want me to tell you why?....I'll tell ya why.....tell you right here... right now.

Because you did it too damned well......Thats why.

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Edited by williamj

Oh man! That is fantastic! I've been dying to do one of those kits, but haven't been able to squeeze out the cash yet. You're making me want to even more!

Thanks Tim, one thing I can assure you, once you buy one of the WnWs kits you'll very quickly realize you've gotten something special and your money's worth. Seriously no one does WWI kits better'n Wingnut Wings.

Cheers,

Wolf

Buckle up Max ! The seat belts are finally done. The belts were made out of Tamiya masking tape and the belt buckles were from the kit. I cut them off the ends of the kit supplied photo etch belts.  The harness buckles that allow you to adjust the belt lengths came from an HGW photo etch fret for the Albatros DVa. Tamiya's tape was painted with their white primer sprayed lightly to leave an off white colour. Once the belts were threaded through all the buckles, any touch up was done with Cidatel Bleached Bone lightened with Tamiya's flat white. The shoulder harnesses were quite easy to install but the lap belts were a bit trickier because of the proximity of the seat assembly to the belt anchor hole. While I was assembling the belts one of the lap belts fell from my bench and disappeared. Swivelling around in my chair didn't help locate it even though I don't have a carpet monster. I work on a bare concrete floor. At the end of the night I found it on my lap under my apron. Heaven only knows how it got there! The belts were glued in to position using thick CA and once in place were given a very thin brown wash to create some shadow lines. The last thing I added was the very tiny clevis pin which holds the belts together to secure the pilot. It too came from the HGW photo etch fret and the small cord that keeps it attached to the shoulder belt was made from very fine copper wire twisted to look like fine chord and painted with Tamiya Buff. Next up will be the engine and once that's in I can run the throttle cable, gun firing cables, air pump line, and grease pump line. The final item to add will be a scratch-built emergency throttle assembly located on the stbd side of the cockpit with the handle running through the instrument panel. The assembling of the model should move a little quicker then. :frantic:

Cheers,

Wolf

Pfalz-belts-1_zps20ac6b41.jpg

Pfalz-belts-4_zps2277b3e1.jpg

Pfalz-belts-2_zps3f6b775f.jpg

Pfalz-belts-5_zpsbefc6356.jpg

Pfalz-belts-6_zpsc44e2467.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee