Pfalz Pfinished!

Wolf Buddee

It's been a while since I've put glue and paint to plastic but having been inspired by so many fantastic works in progress posts I thought I'd better get the ol' rear in gear and do somethin'. Now admittedly I did start this kit a while back but I figured posting here would kind o' encourage me to keep at it and get 'er done! I'll be using some of the fantastic details available from Taurus Models on the engine, turn buckles from Gas Patch, Aviattic lozenge decals which look incredible, and of course, Master Models brass Spandau barrels and cooling jackets.

So far I've opened up the ammo feed chutes which are moulded shut, modified the control stick slightly to be able to attach control cables, and used Airscale's instrument bezels for some of the gauges. Fishing line was used for the control cables. In the second photo you can see that I've added a narrow strip of styrene and topped that with Archer Fine Transfer rivet decals to the fuselage fuel tank. That detail actually exists on the kit piece but I didn't see it right away. Over zealous sanding partially destroyed it so I had to fix it. The cockpit colour was custom mixed starting with MM British Interior Green and when done I had an exact match for the Tamiya colour recommended by WnWs. Go figure. I could have saved myself the trouble.........

Anyways, on to the pics and you can see where I'm at with the build now.

Cheers,
Wolf

Pfalz-3_zpse914fa70.jpg

Pfalz-2_zpsac49586d.jpg

Pfalz-1_zps734332fb.jpg

Pfalz-4_zps65dfb78b.jpg

Pfalz-5_zpsadf5083e.jpg

Pfalz-6_zpsad343228.jpg

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Nice start.  Gotta agree as Kevin, that wood grain is outasite!  Ammo chutes look real good, nice and even, always difficult.

Fishing line was used for the control cables.

Do you have a weight and brand?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Hi Wolf

Round One - What a start, as your work is simply phenomenal. Right with Harv, Kev and Mark; the wood work is exception and mini tutorial on how you do it, would be so greatly appreciated.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Well even if we had just seen only the cockpit pics,,we'd know it was your work. ( because you've mucked it up once again haven't you?)
   will happily follow along  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

Edited by williamj