Sign in to follow this  
Propwash

Master Barrels for Airfix Typhoon?

Anybody know if the Master 20 mm Hispano Mk.II barrels for the 1/24 Mossie will fit in the Typhoon?  That would seem a reasonable assumption in view of the fact that both kits are made by the same company.  However, before I lay my money down, I'd like to be sure.  What's the consensus?

Jerry Peterson 

Hi Jerry,

I have been told they are right ones for the Typhoon as well, I have a set for mine. I think I will buy the rocket set from Master as well, they do look good.

If you go on Britmodel site you will find a build which shows the Master 20mm barrels being used.

Regards

Richard

Guest Peterpools

Jerry

I bought that set for my build and they are supposed to be the correct ones. Sure do look nice

Peter

In answer to your question, no, I plan to build my Typhoon with the shrouds in place.  It's just that I find the kit barrels kind of soft on detail, plus I like the looks of the Master barrels and have been looking for an excuse to buy them for some time.  Just like knowing that the detail's there, whether I can see it or not.  Might not make much sense, but that's the way I am.

Jerry