Albatros D.III, Jasta Boelcke

LSP_K2

This wood effect looks very good !

That's nice to see an Albatros D.III, as we see many D.V / D.Va, but not many earlier versions. It's also good to see a build of a Roden kit. Thanks for the WIP !

Thanks, I like it too. :) I would tend to agree, building a WNW Albatros is a natural enough decision, but the Roden kits can look pretty cool too, with a little TLC.

I received the beautiful WNW Mercedes today, along with some Taurus engine items. I hope for engine work to commence tomorrow. Even though I didn't order them (or pay for them), an extra set of plugs were thrown into the Taurus package, a real nice gesture. Doc Dave also very graciously sent me some goodies for this effort, so thanks very much for that, Dave.

iii_zps65319907.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Kevin,

Nice start on a subject I've always liked. I may be a bit late to the party, but regarding your question regarding wood inside vs. outside - what you see's on the outside is what you see's on the inside. You're looking at the inner side of the plywood that's covering the outside. Birch ply by nature is a very tight grained wood, and aircraft grade lumber has very few, if any knots, so no need to try to replicate knots.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mike