WNW Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8 "Harry Tate" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Beautiful work you've done there!

BTW, I like the look of the glue "stain" on the exhaust...could be spilled oil from maintenance - adds a nice asymmetric touch.

Cheers,

Thank's D.B. Andrus for the nice comment. :speak_cool:

Maybe you're right about the glue stain, and it's for sure a stupid (in my eyes) mistake i made, but after you're vision about it, i will look at it again. Thank's for you're tought's.

I was thinking that. Leave the burned lubricant on the exhaust. It looks spot on.

Awesome build! 

Also Clunkmeister, thank you for you're tought's about the glue stain, i will look at it again, and approach it with an other vision.

Thank's for the nice comment. :thumbsup:

Greetz

Danny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

the Harry Tate is finished, but still, there are some objects that are necessary to complete, the whole Harry Tate diorama.

I hope it's ok, that i post them over here.

First thing to do, the two figures and the dog.

The Harry Tate diorama, will depict a machine in the day's of 'Bloody April'. Crew is ready to board their Re.8, but before they do, they give some attention to their dog, the squadron mascot.

Not knowing for what they up to, they are in a playful mood.

I choosed two excellent figures from Kellerkind, and today i glued them together, and filled up the few seem's.

DSCN1541_zpsqgkuqitf.jpg

DSCN1542_zps21my2wf5.jpg

DSCN1543_zpsnimx33mh.jpg

Tomorrow i will give them a primer coat.

Greetz

Danny

Great work on the figures, Danny. You've not commented on how you did the overalls, but I like them as well. 

Sorry Jim :oops: , the Sidcot flying suit is not finished, for this i need new brushes. Due to a wedding this weekend in my familie i was not able to go to the store, so i need to do that this Saturday.

But i already painted the most of the Sidcot flying suit with the Vallejo Model Color Khaki, shadows where done with mixing the Khaki color with a dark brown color, and the highlights with Khaki and white.

Face and hands are still basic done, but from the moment i have my new brushes the work will continue.

Greetz

Danny

Awesome figures...they look a bit like the ones that have been "coming soon" for so long on the WNW page.

Is there a US source for them?

Cheers,

Tim W.

Awesome figures...they look a bit like the ones that have been "coming soon" for so long on the WNW page.

Is there a US source for them?

Cheers,

Tim W.

To be honest, i don't know. Maybe there are some people in the US who can help you regarding you're question.

My only source was the site of Kellerkind itself. They have a very good service, with a fast shipping.

http://www.kellerkind-miniaturen.de/

Greetz

Danny

To be honest, i don't know. Maybe there are some people in the US who can help you regarding you're question.

My only source was the site of Kellerkind itself. They have a very good service, with a fast shipping.

http://www.kellerkind-miniaturen.de/

Greetz

Danny

Excellent!  I will bookmark that ASAP.  Outstanding work!

Tim W.

• 3 weeks later...