WNW Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8 "Harry Tate" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Thank's guy's :thumbsup:

Yesterday i glued the upper wing onto the fuselage......oohhh boy that wasn't easy :hmmm: .......but all went well, and the alligment of both wings are just great.

DSCN1495_zpsuzgxhxfc.jpg

DSCN1497_zpst28i9y5v.jpg

DSCN1498_zpsht5e9j26.jpg

So today it was D-day........i search for my courage, i drank a couple of Duvels, and finnaly started the rigging :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:

DSCN1503_zpscxokienh.jpg

DSC_0122_zpstws3wdr5.jpg

DSC_0125_zpsbe9fdbjp.jpg

DSCN1500_zpsy8cjaqap.jpg

DSCN1502_zps6tqjqumw.jpg

Today i finnished the rigging of the Harry Tate, and to be honest, i feared of this job, but at the end, all went very well.

Time to add the last details, bomb's and final placement of the two Lewis guns (now they are just dry-fitted) and some detail painting.

After that, i can call this build done. :yahoo:

What can i say about this kit. Well, it's a tricky kit, but again, it's WNW quality and that say's it all. 

I was surprised about the wing span of the upper wing, boy it's big, compared to my Roland, the Re.8 was a big plane, but that said, it's a very impressive model, and i hope that one day WNW will put the Harry Tate back on the shelf's.

For now, i don't have the time to shoot lot's of pic's, i will do that when it's finnished, but in the meanwhile, here are 3 teazer photo's of the Harry Tate.

DSCN1516_zpsgza2sfn6.jpg

DSCN1517_zpsxj5qup5r.jpg

DSCN1518_zpsmagh6mbb.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Wow, that looks terrific!!!

From the bobbin, it appears your using the Prym Knitting in stuff?    If you're so inclined ever on your next build, Ive found the Prym stuff takes WONDERFULLY to dye pens, so you can color it any color you choose, if you ever wanted to deviate from the standard Prym white.

Wow, that looks terrific!!!

From the bobbin, it appears your using the Prym Knitting in stuff?    If you're so inclined ever on your next build, Ive found the Prym stuff takes WONDERFULLY to dye pens, so you can color it any color you choose, if you ever wanted to deviate from the standard Prym white.

Thank's Brian, for the nice comment. :thumbsup:  and thank's for the really nice tip you gave..... :speak_cool: , i will keep that in mind for the next WW1 build.

I bought it from Hannants, but i trowed away the carton where the bobbin was packed in, so i don't know the brand, but it should be for sale in sew stores (i hope i mentioned it right) lot's cheaper, i don't know to be honest.

Ron thank's mate for you're very nice comment.

Greetz

Danny

Edited by DannyVM