WNW Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8 "Harry Tate" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Thank's Peter, i will sure do. :)

Tony : Thank's for the warning about the lower wing. I allready alligned it to the fuselage, but indeed, this was a point of awarnes. Some dry-fit was needed before the result was good.

Do you have photo's of you're Harry tate, iff so, it would be great iff i could take a look at them.

Greetz

Danny

• 2 weeks later...

After some delay, because of a clumsy modeller (me) :BANGHEAD2:  i finnaly manage to put some decals onto the Harry tate.

First a gloss coat was needed. I'm used to the Tamiya gloss coat, but i ran out of it, so last saturday i went to my local hobby store to purchase some bottles of Tamiya gloss coat.

Offcourse, they ran out of supply, so i looked to another brand......Mr. Hobby...but also sold out.....ok, Vallejo Air gloss......sold out, last breath.......Humbrol......sold out....... :blowup:  :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:

And in this situation, you have to keep calm.....ok, next step, what kind off gloss coat is still in theire stock.......Ok.....Mr.Hobby Top Coat gloss in a rattle can, in far way my favourite methode, but with no other possibilty i had no choise.

Finnaly, the gloss coat is sprayed onto the Harry tate, not my best work, but it's fairy good in my opinion, so whe keep going.

DSCN1217_zpszorhrwsl.jpg

Then, decal time, first underside of the lower wings.

Not good at all. After the use of the Micro Sol, and the drying time, the decal still showed wrinkling. I repeated the procedure but nothing changed. It's the underside and the wrinkling is not so vissible with the naked eye, so i leave it like it is.

DSCN1227_zpscg1dwof5.jpg

DSCN1228_zpspuzheizm.jpg

Upper side of the upper wing. Here the decals are very smooth after drying, so me happy :frantic:

DSCN1229_zpsekt5rqti.jpg

Vertical tail, No silvering and a smooth decal setting, so again me  :frantic:

DSCN1233_zpsfrh91c9a.jpg

Same for the fuselage and middle part of the upper wing, again i'm still  :frantic:

DSCN1234_zpsglxcdfmc.jpg

DSCN1236_zps7joe8ryc.jpg

DSCN1237_zpsjevcppgy.jpg

After all problem's regarding this project, i'm very happy with the result. More then 40% of the painted part's needed to be repainted after i poored a cup of X20A thinner over most of the freshly painted part's. Like whe all now iff that happens the paint work is FUBAR.

Greetz

Danny

• 2 weeks later...