WNW Royal Aircraft Factory RE.8 "Harry Tate" WIP

Guest DannyVM

That's a brilliant idea with the various undercoats and oils for wood; I'm letting my Roland build sit while some aftermarket I ordered for it arrives, but I think I'll start experimenting with that myself. Thanks for sharing!

Darren

• 5 weeks later...

Hihi thank's Cor.

Danny, maybe I say it already (cant remember) but you can buy that wire just by the furniture shop, well my wife did.   :)

And I think a lot cheaper too.

I now i now mate, i bought at Hannants and it costed me a fortune, iff i see that price tag, of you'rs then i know i payed just to much. :hmmm:

Greetz

Danny

Hi Danny,

Looking very nice indeed. Looks like I'll have to pick up some translucent oxide yellow; it makes for a really nice blonde wood colour.

I finished my Harry Tate a while back (in fact it was published last year in Military Illustrated Modeller magazine), and one thing I would have done differently would be to be even more careful with the fit of the lower wing. It was just a teeny bit off, but it ended up causing a cascade of alignment issues affecting the horizontal tail, the vertical stab & rudder, plus the exhaust stacks and their stays. I managed to sort it all out in the end, but it would have been a whole lot simpler had I just spent a few more minutes fitting that lower wing.

Cheers,

Tony