1/32 tamiya f-16 block 42 finished

Stinger16

Hello again all, this is my 1/32 Tamiya f-16 block 42. When building my viper I added a few things to my build. For starters I used the Jake Melampy and Pete Fleischmann's the scale viper book by Reid Air Publications. If you want build a big viper, this book is highly recommended. When I got to building my viper I used the eduard interior set as well as there canopy mask. The agm-65 maverick that I used was from the academy jet. For the scab planes on top of the jet I used the vinyl plates by Dave Roof and as well as the cross delta metal plates, I had to double them up to look right in scale, I had the vinyl ones on the bottom and the metal ones on top. The decals that were your were by, the high vis markings on the tail and fin flash were done by RED PEGASUS DECALS BY KEITH DAVIDSON, highly recommended as well, the other decals that were used were by afterburner decals, superscale decals for the walkway lines and the other stencils were done by Tamiya decals. Everything was airbrushed using mr color paints and the wash that I used was by flory wash, dark dirt. I hope you guys like it, and questions or comments are welcome

Jeff

bigtamiyaviperpics001_zpsf9fde752.jpg

bigtamiyaviperpics004_zps9381c24e.jpg

bigtamiyaviperpics002_zpse3ce8ea7.jpg

bigtamiyaviperpics005_zpsd3716355.jpg

bigtamiyaviperpics007_zps2e3ca4e0.jpg

bigtamiyaviperpics008_zps70cd20bc.jpg

bigtamiyaviperpics012_zps4d4a21e3.jpg

Edited by Stinger16

Bravo Jeff, fantastic looking build in some of the coolest ANG markings ever!  You don't see Block 42's very often, in fact, don't think I have ever seen one especially in 1/32! 

Love the in flight display too, this Viper just oozes lethality!

Thanks Frank, I appreciate it it was a pretty fun build

Next on the bench is either going to be the 1/32 zoukei-mura ta 152 or the new tamiya f4u-1a. Hmmmm what to do lol

I say go for the F4U-1A, their Birdcage Corsair is sublime and can only imagine the -1A is about the same.

Guest Peterpools

Jeff

Outstanding Viper .

Gorgeous build and the cammo is absolutely perfect. I'm starting to get hooked on in - flight display myself.

â­â­â­

Peter

Jeff

Outstanding Viper .

Gorgeous build and the cammo is absolutely perfect. I'm starting to get hooked on in - flight display myself.

â­â­â­

Peter

Thank you Peter for the kind comments on my viper, the in flights are fun, just have to paint a figure, but the bonus part of it is you don't have to worry about any landing gear work. I think I am in agreement with you and Frank, f4u-1a in flight maybe ?? Hmmm

Jeff

Sublime!!!!!! very nice and perfect weathering Falcon in flight, I have a couple of modern aircrafts as Tamiya's F-15 and Trumpeter's Super Hornet. Your F-16 make me think again :doh: :doh:

Thank you, the tamiya f-16 is one nice model to build

Edited by Stinger16