Tamiya 1/32 F-15I Ra'am

moxibustion

Oh, wow. That hit me for a "good morning"!

Wonderful job!

I will do that one too. In the next couple of years. But I doubt that be with that quality!

Superb job!

Thanx for sharing!

P.S. You used resin, right? Please share about that a bit more. Thanx

Edited by Eagle Driver

Oh, wow. That hit me for a "good morning"!

Wonderful job!

I will do that one too. In the next couple of years. But I doubt that be with that quality!

Superb job!

Thanx for sharing!

P.S. You used resin, right? Please share about that a bit more. Thanx

Hi Eagle Driver,

I used an Avionix resin cockpit, the Wolfpack conversion set which has the resin feathered nozzles and maybe some resin for the seamless intakes but I think that's about it for the resin. The left fin is from the F-15J kit, and there is a little bit of photo-etch here and there to enhance specific areas as well as a little bit of styrene to enhance certain bits, but that's about it for aftermarket. The Tamiya kit is nice in itself once you figure out where it's issues lie. It is painted with Mr Color (my preferred brand of paint) for the most part and then Tamiya Sky for the green and Xtracrylix Vietnam Tan for the brown colour. The usual mottling to distress the basic colour and then some enamels and oils for weathering.

If you are going to build one then it is starting to get hard to find parts. I am planning an F-15DJ at some stage and am compiling bits before they become too difficult to find.

David.