1/32 P-38L "Kicked Up A Notch". Jan 15/16: FINISHED!

chuck540z3

Guest Peterpools

Chuck
Absolutely an exquisite build and the P-38 without question has been a brilliant thread. Thoroughly enjoyed following your progress and frustrations (at times) from day one and my notebook is full of new techniques and ideas.
Terrific recovery on the nose gear and I know exactly how you felt, both from talking with Mal and being an offender myself. Unfortunately, on my last Spit, the damage was beyond repair and the only solution was to start over.
Aces on the build and one spectacular finish

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Peter

Edited by Peterpools

zero flaw, perfect mirror finish, outstanding level of detail and accuracy.... ---------> Masterpiece !

I must say that you also deserve a reward for your patience !

And i agree with Gary, thanks a lot for sharing your experience, various trials and tests, and tutorials about many techniques i was able to learn and experiment thanks to you.

Edited by Zero77

Outstanding Chuck...congrats on another masterpiece.

Exceptional craftsmanship through and through. And your tutorials, as usual, were first rate: lucid, well documented and beautifully photographed.

Looking forward to your next "kicked-up-a-notch" project, whatever it is.

Rich

Edited by allthumbs

Thanks again guys.

One thing I didn't get a chance to show off earlier is the effect of using the black Sharpie on the bottom of the side windows.  In this close-up you can see a sliver of black at the bottom of the window, rather than a thick whitish blob that you usually see when clear plastic is glued to grey plastic.  The black not only eliminates the whitish color, but it makes the window look much thinner than it really is- and more to scale.

Final19.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Chuck

If I'm looking in the right place on the slide windows, the black created a feeling of the glass being sandwiched between the frames. A red arrow would sure be helpful to the old eyes.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Chuck

If I'm looking in the right place on the slide windows, the black created a feeling of the glass being sandwiched between the frames. A red arrow would sure be helpful to the old eyes.

Peter

Good point Peter.  Here ya go.  To be "clear", the bottom of the window is the same width as the top of the aluminum frame.  With the black Sharpie painted on the bottom, it looks to be only a sliver of glass sandwiched in the side fuselage- which is the whole point.

Final33.jpg

Edited by chuck540z3

She's a beaut' Chuck. Good job.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to share your adventure. I think we all know how time consuming taking and editing photos can be. Couple that with the detailled reports and you've spent alot of time bringing Marge to our screens.

I think I can say that we are all very grateful.

Cheers.