1/32 P-38L "Kicked Up A Notch". Jan 15/16: FINISHED!

chuck540z3

Chuck,

From disaster to master...just a gorgeous job...superlative execution and the skill to bring it all together in a singular end item of superlative moment. Sierra Hotel Bud...

Best

Geoff

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the kind comments.

As you may have noticed, there are still a few flaws and like any model, it is far from perfect. With Macro photography, things show up that you can't see with the naked eye. There's still a few small bits of crap in the paint and a little overspray here and there. The overspray is easily fixed and will be soon. The crap in the Chrome, however, will stay because sanding the imperfection out and then re-spraying will result in a blob of paint that won't match the rest of the Alclad Chrome, so the fix is worse than the problem. Still, you have to hunt for the imperfections and very few jump out at you. Overall, I'm still very happy with the end result, especially after melting the nose and breaking off the front landing gear leg! User Error is still prevalent in my builds and likely always will.

Edited by chuck540z3

Awesome build Chuck!!!

What's your next build?

I learned a lot from your build thread

Thanks Stephane. Likely the 1/32 Tamiya F-15E kit converted to an Israeli F-15I Ra'am. I have all the parts and the hard to find Isradecal decals, so it's just a matter of time. Having said that, I need a break from modeling to get the fire back. Two difficult Trumpeter kits in a row over 28 months have taken their toll on my modeling Mojo.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Chuck,

I keep coming back to look at your finished piece. Knowing the difficulties you experienced..watching your recovery..and now looking at the end item, speaks to skill sets, tenacity, and topic knowlege that is second only to your creation...Sierra Hotel Bud.

Geoff

Edited by Ironwing

Thank you guys- and especially you Geoff.  Very kind words coming from a modeling master!

One way to really put this bird (& build thread) to bed is to park it next to some of my other models in a glass cabinet.  Not as good pics as found above, but you can get a sense of how this new P-38L model seems to just belong there.

Cabinet1.jpg

For my next build, I'm going to take a long vacation from anything made by Trumpeter.  28 months of the A-10C and this P-38L are long enough!

Although I've hinted at the 1/32 Tamiya F-15E converted to an F-15I, this F-15C Aggressor is calling me right now.  Stay tuned in a few weeks.....

80-0010.jpg

And now this build is in print (Nov/16)

Cover.jpg

Edited by chuck540z3

Guest Peterpools

Chuck

Gorgeous collection and work to be proud of.

I'm hoping you will decide on the F-15I Ra'am but if your modeling mojo points you in the direction of the F-15C then that's what the build shall be.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you guys- and especially you Geoff.  Very kind words coming from a modeling master!

One way to really put this bird (& build thread) to bed is to park it next to some of my other models in a glass cabinet.  Not as good pics as found above, but you can get a sense of how this new P-38L model seems to just belong there.

Cabinet1.jpg

For my next build, I'm going to take a long vacation from anything made by Trumpeter.  28 months of the A-10C and this P-38L are long enough!

Although I've hinted at the 1/32 Tamiya F-15E converted to an F-15I, this F-15C Aggressor is calling me right now.  Stay tuned in a few weeks.....

80-0010.jpg

(Pic used with permission)

OH HELL YESSSSS!!!!

:)