1/32 Electric Intruder - Grumman EA-6A Conversion

allthumbs

Thanks for checking in fellas.

The Electric Intruder is idle for the moment. Another project has kept me occupied these past few months. If things go as planned (always a big "if" when it comes to me and models), I should resume work on the EA-6A sometime in August.

And, although progress has been slow, I'm still keen on putting together a resin conversion kit, along with some other bits and pieces for the Trumpeter model. As others have pointed out, plenty of aftermarket opportunities still exist for the big Intruder.

Regards,

Rich

Edited by allthumbs

• 1 month later...

Anthony, Chuck, Dan, Steve, Marcel, Ben, et al...

Thanks for the encouragement and positive feedback. Although the project has been on hold for some time, I am eager to resume work, which should happen soon...a matter of weeks now. In fact, I'm headed out to California later in the month where I plan to visit a couple of museums for more Intruder documentation photos and measurements...can't have too many references!

And yes, in due time, I'll repair the thread which, obviously, and like so many others here, fell victim to The Great PhotoBucket Debacle...GPBD for short (the sixth extinction?).

Hopefully, I'll have something new to share by the end of the month.

Cheers,

Rich

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the encouragement and positive feedback. Although the project has been on hold for some time, I am eager to resume work, which should happen soon...a matter of weeks now. In fact, I'm headed out to California later in the month where I plan to visit a couple of museums for more Intruder documentation photos and measurements...can't have too many references!

And yes, in due time, I'll repair the thread which, obviously, and like so many others here, fell victim to The Great PhotoBucket Debacle...GPBD for short (the sixth extinction?).

Cheers,

Rich

If you need reference... I can put you in touch with a friend who has a cache of reference materials. 

I'm sure he'd love to help you out on this. 

-Anthony 

• 8 months later...
On 8/4/2017 at 1:34 AM, allthumbs said:

Cheers,

Rich

Still working on this one Rich? :)

• 5 months later...

Hey Rich,

hope all is well, am reinvigorated, my cam A-6E is all done, learnt a lot in that build, suffice to say I’m keen to crack in to the EA-6A! Are you still looking at producing the conversion? If not I will have a go at trying to replicate your scratch building if that is ok by you? I have a few things on the bench which I need to clear first but this is next up! 

Cheers

Edited by ajw1977

Hi friends,

Thanks for checking in.

As you might have guessed, the Electric Intruder build has been on hold for some time now. It stalled out as a result of my taking on too much work, both within the hobby and without - a classic case of overestimating what one can achieve in the short term :(

Having invested a lot in the project to this point, I would like to see it through to completion someday - hopefully sooner rather than later as I’m not getting any younger!

AJW: As I can’t predict when the conversion parts will be available, I would encourage you to go for it. And please feel free to incorporate any of the techniques and ideas contained within this thread :)

Regards,

Rich

Edited by allthumbs

On 8/1/2017 at 12:56 PM, AnthonyWan said:

Any way you can re-upload all your photos somewhere? 

Hi Anthony,

Great idea. I’ll try to get the pictures reloaded via another photo sharing account. The existing PhotoBucket images do indeed appear blurry and watermarked.