Tamiya F4U-1A shipping real soon

Juggernut

Has anyone else who preordered the new Tamiya Corsair from Hobbylink Japan get charged yet?  I got my Paypal notification of payment received so I checked the Hobbylink Japan site and found that my order is being readied for shipping...  Total with shipping from Japan?  $139 and some change; just about $15 more than what I paid for the F4U-1 last year.  Happy Dance :m0152:

Got my payment request too.  $139 shipped for FedEx from Japan.  Glad the yen has gone down since the total was 16000 yen (11,040 for the kit + 4960 shipping).  Not bad at all.  Bet that beats a lot of internet shops in the US, since the MSRP is $213 according to Tamiya America.  Lucky Model has it for about $130 shipped, if you use their 15% off coupon.

See that it's already backordered at HLJ.

Guest Peterpools

Just took a look at SealModel and the $89 is a pre-order price. I don't have an account to log in and am wondering what shipping would be to Long Island, NY.

Peter

All you need to do is put in your country, state and zip code and your shipping cost will come up. To me the shipping is $31.88 for registered air parcel.

Mike

Edited by phantom

Just took a look at SealModel and the $89 is a pre-order price. I don't have an account to log in and am wondering what shipping would be to Long Island, NY.

Peter

I almost purchased from SealModel until I figured out the exchange rate on the US dollar and the shipping. 

The rate for me was $127.50 Canadian shipped per kit from SealModel as compared to $129.50 Canadian from HLJ. I stayed with my original pre-order from HLJ as they have the kits in stock and the difference in price was not significantly different.

But had I gone with the slower shippng it would have been $117 Canadian, which is a tremendous value.