Hi gents,

winter has arrived and its time to warm up the man cave, remove the cobwebs, find the airbrush, select a few kits and start a new project. As I wanted an easy start, I selected 2 Hasegawa 109's from the stash, a Bf 109G-14, which will act as a tall tail Erla hood Swiss Bf 109G-6, and a Bf 109G-10 Nachtjäger, which will act as a defected Croat Bf 109G-14.

Ever since I received Georg Hoch's fabulous book on the Swiss 109, I've wanted to build one of those candy striped birds, especially J-704, with ist distinctive dark earth/dark green camouflage. But as life would have it, my kit settled down nicely on the stash for the lack of suitable decals.

Last year, Doogs (aka Matt) built a wonderful model of this aircraft,

9413514020_0d3d265361_b.jpg12_27_12 4 by DoogsModels, on Flickr

and via PM informed me of the source of his masks for this bird... wonderful, masks arrived, but so did summer... 

The other 109 I have long wanted to build is Santners G-14/AS black 4 the Croat markings, which was discussed here on LSP last fall. Fortunately Montex released a set of masks for this aircraft.

1166-2_zps8736bf16.jpg

Edited by SinuheH

Well, last weekend I finally summoned up the courage, and put glue to the sprue.

109-Cockpits_zpsc1b0e9b5.jpg

109-Cockpit-3_zps58a91b65.jpg

109-Cockpit-2_zpsff386940.jpg

109-Cockpits-4_zps8274046f.jpg

Unfortunately, while looking at these photos, it's clear to be that "the older I get, the better I was"….. 

Well, perhaps I'll get better at airbrushing spaghetti camouflage.... ;)

Edited by SinuheH

I'm  Watching :popcorn:  as I have to paint my Croat black 22 still :hmmm:

Have fun with your kits Sinuhe

Cheers

Danny

Hi Danny,

I'll be following your build as well.

I pan to build black 22 with SAAF markings in 1/48 scale using a set of Rising Sun decals...

Cheers, S.

• 1 year later...

Hi gents,

winter has arrived and its time to warm up the man cave, remove the cobwebs, find the airbrush, select a few kits and start a new project. As I wanted an easy start, I selected 2 Hasegawa 109's from the stash, a Bf 109G-14, which will act as a tall tail Erla hood Swiss Bf 109G-6, and a Bf 109G-10 Nachtjäger, which will act as a defected Croat Bf 109G-14.

Ever since I received Georg Hoch's fabulous book on the Swiss 109, I've wanted to build one of those candy striped birds, especially J-704, with ist distinctive dark earth/dark green camouflage. But as life would have it, my kit settled down nicely on the stash for the lack of suitable decals.

Last year, Doogs (aka Matt) built a wonderful model of this aircraft,

9413514020_0d3d265361_b.jpg12_27_12 4 by DoogsModels, on Flickr

and via PM informed me of the source of his masks for this bird... wonderful, masks arrived, but so did summer... 

The other 109 I have long wanted to build is Santners G-14/AS black 4 the Croat markings, which was discussed here on LSP last fall. Fortunately Montex released a set of masks for this aircraft.

1166-2_zps8736bf16.jpg

Thanks for the recent likes.

Unfortunately I have a serious health issue and have put these builds on hold.