Trumpeter Ju 87B2 tweak list

thierry laurent

Kevin,

I still have tons of books to scan for the database. If I get a little bit of time with the scanner at the end of the year, I'll try to plug the holes in the DB. It is true I stopped after having scanned many book covers to update Charles' list of books.

I don't have the Air Vanguard book as this is an "overview" book and when you have the big Classic book, this is somewhat useless unless if it has rare pictures of elements not covered in other publications. Unfortunately, as far as I saw, this was not the case.

Sorry for the confusion regarding Brian Fawcett. I sometimes take some things for granted too quickly!

• 3 years later...

I know this thread is specific to the B kit but did anyone check the nose on the G kit for any issues? Have one of those in the stash and a D. Got them because I paid less for the pair than I would have to pay for a single Hasegawa kit of either version. That plus the separate rudder and tail flying surfaces. That being an area I messed up on an old Hasegawa D kit when I tried to remove them myself.

• 2 years later...

Many thanks for that exhaustive tweak-list, Thierry!

It´s just what I need to build my Ju87B Stuka!

I have the big nose-correction set with spats and prop, but I have one further question;

Can I use the spats from Hasegawa´s G (considering a spatless machine) on Trumpeters B?

Cheers!

Stefan :beer:

Edited by Phantom2

8 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

Can I use the spats from Hasegawa´s G (considering a spatless machine) on Trumpeters B?

Cheers!

Stefan :beer:

The G spats were smaller and more streamlined than the spats of the B. Some early G's also had the larger spats but the Hasegawa kit only gives the smaller spats.

1 hour ago, Cheetah11 said:

The G spats were smaller and more streamlined than the spats of the B. Some early G's also had the larger spats but the Hasegawa kit only gives the smaller spats.

Thanks for the answer, good to know!

Many Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Stefan :D

• 1 year later...

My question may fall into the category of “old news...”

However—

I can’t imagine why any company that produces any product would be okay with consistently producing error-filled, inferior products—unless, of course, they discover their customers purchase their products regardless of quality.

In my case, I’d love to put together an accurate, modern 1/24 (or even a 1/32 scale) Ju87B-2 kit—but cannot justify Trumpeter kits because of their obvious (and, therefore, completely avoidable) dimensional errors.

Knowing the popularity of this website and its members, is there any way to impress upon Trumpeter that they need to produce a more accurate product?

34 minutes ago, ultmo said:

My question may fall into the category of “old news...”

However—

I can’t imagine why any company that produces any product would be okay with consistently producing error-filled, inferior products—unless, of course, they discover their customers purchase their products regardless of quality.

In my case, I’d love to put together an accurate, modern 1/24 (or even a 1/32 scale) Ju87B-2 kit—but cannot justify Trumpeter kits because of their obvious (and, therefore, completely avoidable) dimensional errors.

Knowing the popularity of this website and its members, is there any way to impress upon Trumpeter that they need to produce a more accurate product?

Given that Trumpeter has been putting out kits with issues for many years, and gotten complaints on this forum and many others, and have not changed/fixed anything (with the exception of their first F4F Wildcat), it seems certain that they are immune to criticism.