1/32 Hasegawa P-47D in Gabreski's markings

Warbird

Hello,

This is my 1/32 Hasegawa P-47D in Gabreski's markings, completed a few months ago.

MDC cockpit, Quickboost R2800, Barracuda wheels, complete riveting with MDC tool ( :mental:), some scratchbuild and markings painted using Montex masks.

I spent quite a lot of time studying photos of Gabreski's last aircraft and did my best to faithfully reproduce it.

More photos in a complete article in the current issue (57) of Meng Air Modeller.

Cheers from Switzerland!

img_8812.jpg

img_8510.jpg

First P47 build I have seen with OD landing gear struts.  Following conversations with a P47 Crew Chief, he told me of the OD struts.  My current WIP Hasegawa P47 will have the OD struts.  Beautiful effort on this.

Yes, more pics please.

Thanks a lot for your kind comments!

I'm afraid I won't post more photos out of respect for the magazine.

@Kevin  the article is in issue 57.

@Rick K Gear struts are indeed OD for this aircraft but aluminium was common too.

@Joe66    I wish I had a such a nice color of the real one :)

One observation: I see quite often with this Hasegawa kit is that the cowling latches (close to the forward leading edge of the cowl) are never filled in - but, left to show the moulding seam as originally found on the separate parts! On the real aircraft they actually cover (bridge) the panel join. Its not a critique, just an observation! What an outstanding model - I am just amazed at the attention to detail and execution of skill in this build!

Cheers

Alan