Hasegawa 1/48 A-4C Skyhawk VA-36

Daywalker

My second quarter scale Skyhawk this year, this one was built for Lt. Dan Moylan who flew her in combat over North Vietnam in 1968-1969.  I met Dan on ARC, where he was looking for someone to build a model of "his" aircraft.  He wanted to find someone who would accept this commission build, and seeing that he lived near me I thought perhaps I should consider it.  I was also fresh from completing the Hasegawa 1/48 A-4M, and a second Skyhawk sounded good.  Dan provided the kit, as well as funded the extras I would need to complete the kit.  I offered to do the work for free.  The largest hurdle was finding decals, which I was able to convince Patrick Gilmore (one of us here!) to draw up for me.  I have not been able to find another A-4 from VA-36 anywhere, so this just may be the only one of it's kind!  The kit was mostly built OOB, with a True Details bang seat, Hasegawa Weapons Set rocket pods, and Eduard Snake Eyes.  I finished the build in about 6 months, and met Dan to present the kit to him in late October.  He seemed absolutely thrilled with the kit, and I was happy to be able to build it for him.  Enjoy the pics!

005.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

002-1.jpg

And a photo of me (on the left) and Dan (on the right), both happy to see the Skyhawk delivered safely to him!

20141025_152043.jpg

That's a beautiful build Frank, with a great story.

Kev

Thanks Kev!

First of all great build..second, well the look on his face tells the rest :yahoo:

Appreciate the kind words, and yes- he did seem quite pleased with it!

Frank..

What a generous gesture on your part to build such A STUNNING looking Aircraft

for a Vietnam Veteran...so well done on that ! :bow:

And Lt.Dan Moylan's A-4C SKYHAWK VA-36 that you lovelingly created is

GORGEOUS...SUPERBLY finished and looking quite SPLENDIFEROUS in her display case.. :wow: :wub:

BRAVO Frank.... :clap2:

And if you see Lt Moylan again or speak to him say a huge THANK YOU for his SERVICES from ME please

. Thank you.. I think he LOVES it seeing his smile!

Thank you Maru, it was an honor to be able to give something back to those who served.  This model is dedicated to all who served with ATKRON-36.