Revell Spitfire built as a Mk 1a

monthebiff

Thanks for the the comments Shawn M but all was sat safely on the bench on its own, children safely in bed in a pussy cat free house, no ghost's as far as we know either. Absolutely confident its due to the enamel reacting with the plastic as its identical both sides. Anyway these things ae meant to test as would be a bit boring if it was shake and bake all the way!!

Regards. Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Feeling like this build has stalled a little with the undercarriage legs disintegrating, managed to find some replacement white metal ones which I have to say are very nice but just to annoy myself further I managed to glue them onto the the wrong undercarriage doors after painting so once again it was remove them and paint again but hey these things are meant to try us! In the mean time I have done a little more weathering and getting close to finishing this bird now.

IMG_20150430_211223_zpsxepvrypl.jpg

IMG_20150430_211251_zpsvwwqj8yu.jpg

IMG_20150430_213505_zpsnvvuy7b6.jpg

Initially I was going to go for a very clean non weathered finish but after finding some great shot's of heavily weathered Mk 1's I couldn't resist, your comments and criticism are always very welcome.

A little more progress tonight starting to bring everything together as hoping to get this project finished over the weekend......

IMG_20150501_220622_zpsntksejny.jpg

Since completing the main build it seems like an age to get to this point, just a little more weathering to do before a flat coat and then remove the cockpit masking. 

Regards. Andy

Andy, don't know why I missed this WIP, sorry I did. Looks uber cool ! Dispite you set backs, she is looking very fine. Good work......Harv  :popcorn:

Well I,m going to call this one finished apart from rigging the aerial, here are a couple of quick shots taken earlier

IMG_20150502_203009_zpsiph7otek.jpg

IMG_20150502_203416_zpsyyto4dsv.jpg

I've learn't a huge amount on this my second 1/32 scale build and my second 1/32 scale Spit, many thanks for all of your comments and assistance with this build as they are much appreciated.

Regards. Andy

Guest Peterpools

Andy

One beautiful Spit and you surely earned your stripes for all the pitfalls and landmines along the way.

Way to go.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

• 1 month later...