HPH Me410 (B2/U2/R3 variant) - Finished!

Wouter

Hi Wouter. What brand of paint are you using? The 74 looks a little too green to me but could just be the pictures, and I don't think it's worth repainting since it looks so good. I think a wash will bring it together nicely.

Jay

I like it! But it's not me you need to please, Wouter.

Kev

Thanks Kevin, you're absolutely right about that one ;-)

Hi Wouter. What brand of paint are you using? The 74 looks a little too green to me but could just be the pictures, and I don't think it's worth repainting since it looks so good. I think a wash will bring it together nicely.

Jay

I like how it's come out Wouter, but you're the builder.  I do think the RLM74 is a bit too dark, but that could just be my computer screen

Matt  :frantic:

Jay, I'm using the Mr.Paint range. Brilliant stuff to be honest but I agree that the RLM74 look a bit of. And Matt; it's not your screen, it is the paint that is pretty dark.

Very nice paint work  ;)

Wouter

terrific cammo and paint work ... Top notch work.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Just amazing work!!! Stunning!

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Having said that, last night I repainted the RLM 74 and 75. Tinkering with slightly different combinations. Adding a few drop of white and blue to the base paint. As it stands now I'm happy with the RLM 75. I will do another pass on RLM 74 that is a bit to blue at the moment.

No pix yet, but I will post some more when I'm satisfied.

Wouter out.

I'm a happy man again. I did some research on the web on the RLM74 colour. The odd thing is, almost every colour swatch I see says it's a a grey bleu-ish tint. But almost every scale model I found on the web, in this scheme, have a more green tint...

Anyway, I found the combination I was looking for. The first picture is not the best lighting but gives a nice overview of the camouflage patern.

QRxp9tJ.jpg

4h8w0ar.jpg

You'll probably noticed I'm a big fan of the 'Mr.Paint' paint range. This stuff sprays beautiful and you can control every layer. Even better, it dries really quick. 5 minutes after applying you can already pick up the model, though careful. 5 minutes later you can mask the paint and it won't come off afterwards! The finish depends a little on the colour, as you can see the grey has a nice satin sheen on it, the green is more glossy. Below a detail shot from the picture above.

I mean, just look at that finish! Buy this stuff. And no, I don't have any stocks  B)

N86MsRz.jpg

Hmm, two more to wet your appetite  :)

4lqK6Xg.jpg

g4ZN8bn.jpg

Cheers, Wouter

Thanks gents for checking in, glad you like it so far!

Another update, this time it was masking time. Not my favourite part, but hey, pat of the build right. For the particular example I'm building are no decals available so I had to resort to paint masks. Though next time I'll think I will be using decals again. Maybe some wet transfer stuff from HGW.

Anyway, they result is convincing enough for me. I have to do some touch up here and there. Especially the horizontal beam over the yellow band. The black part is to thin, but touching will be pretty straight forward.

I'm waiting on some free line mask from Uschi for the walk/no walk lines. After those have been painted the model gets a gloss coat and regular decals for the small parts will be applied. In the mean time I will work on smaller details like the remote rearward firing guns and landing gear.

I'm really enjoying this part of the build. Seeing the model come to life is very rewarding. Can't wait to remove those paint masks from the cockpit!

dfwf3ay.jpg

7VAa5KW.jpg

9rOO3eL.jpg

Ay5qJBu.jpg

BhcVLDz.jpg

MBU1u7i.jpg

R9gYh4e.jpg

sJsH3dO.jpg