1/32 Trumpeter A-10A Warthog converted to an A-10C

chuck540z3

Hi Chuck,

It is a real treat to see this bird finished and to be able to enjoy so many beautiful images of her.

There is no doubt that this is the benchmark for all future A-10 builds and the yardstick against which others will be judged.

You have excelled in every department my friend. The hard work that you have put in and the challenges that you have overcome have surely created the best A-10 built so far.

I would very much like to see photos of this model taken in sunlight, on a realistic base and against an authentic backdrop. I think it would be almost impossible to tell it from the real deal.

Enjoy your time at the airshow and come back full of inspiration and enthusiasm for your next "Kicked up a notch" adventure.

Cheers.

Great work Chuck,   Glad to see her finally done.     

Everyone needs to check out the build over on ARC.   Chuck has a gifted way of explaining things in a way that few people have, and he does this for free!   The thread is a “build book†for the Trumpy A-10.

You earned your stripes join this build for sure!!     Enjoy the Air Show, I went every year when we lived in Vegas and it is worth the trip.

Gary

Absolutely killer stuff. You did a fantastic job Chuck. Just as importanly I commend you for your extreme patience and perservernce. We modelers are known for such things but you took it to a whole new level with this build.

Congrats!
Dave.

Thank you Kevin very much.  And also a very kind thank you to everyone else!

Awesome! I just hope mine comes out half as good. Well, both of them do. I've got two kits and I want to build an early MB bird with the kit decals and a later model C like yours or similar.

Now, two big questions. 1) Could you post some side by side comparisons of the bad kit lines and your corrections? I see the flashing and bad panel fits. Nasty.....

2). Where can I find info on the details between the A and the C?

Scott,

Digging through my build thread, the answer to your questions are all over the place, so I'll refer you to near the beginning of my build where I hope you can find what you need.

Cheers,

Chuck

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=262693&st=239

Just AWESOME Build Chuck,

The kit is an EARLY  Trumpy  kit and thy had to start somewhere.

You have created a STANDARD BEARER  in the A-10 Community.

I can't show this to a friend of mine,  he'd quite building his........I'll so him later when he will APPRECIATE it more.....he's YOUNG!  BUT TALENTED

jack

Thank you Gents.  I appreciate your comments very much!  As you may have noticed, I don't respond to every single comment individually, but that's not because I don't care and I don't read every single one, because I do.  I just find that a response from me to every single response drags out the thread for no reason, but hey, that's just me!

Again, thank you!  This forum is full of modelers way better than me, so I am humbled if you like my Hog.

I responded to Chuck on his build over on ARC, but I'll say it again here, I've spent a lot of time around A-10's, and this is the nicest I've ever seen.  The other thing is that to truly appreciate all that went into it, you've had to wrestle with one to really understand what an undertaking it is.

Once again, superb job Chuck

:goodjob: