The Huff in 1/32 (F-86F) the dragon is onboard

oppenheimer

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

WOW, the prep work on the Huff looks trendous ... can't wait to see her in the paint shop

Happy New Year

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Peter, happy new year and all the best wishes for this 2015, i need to finish this one, cause i have the F4U-1A sitting on my closet with all the aftermarket waiting, and i can wait to see more of your new toy the big Typhoon, Thanks Kev, now it comes the best part, it is ALCLAD tiiiime

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

Amazing work on the Huff for sure and I'll be taking notes every step of the way on the Corsair when she is finally on the bench

Peter

working on the fitting of the windshield and fuselage,

IMG_6033_zps64a8fde3.jpg

and now the yellow bands, starting the process with white first

IMG_6032_zps7a0742dd.jpg

then orange so the yellow will be real yellow

IMG_6035_zps6c57a8f1.jpg

masking tape is gone, next will be 8000 grit sanding to remove the bump on the orange paint before painting the yellow,  i will use the gloss black coat for the alclad as the black stripes surrounding the yellow

Yellow bands are done, next step will be let it dry for 2 days, then sand the yellow with 12000 grit sand paper and mask the yellow bands with masking tape where the hard line of the yellow is and then sand out the excess then comes the gloss black base paint for the alcald, my goal is to have a smooth transition from NMF to the yellow paint

IMG_6042_zpsd6a012f2.jpg

IMG_6037_zps6969f0ff.jpg

Edited by oppenheimer

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

How sweet the yellow bands look and of course, I can't wait to see your Alclad finish. As of late, I've been experimenting with using Tamiya Gloss Black for the base rather then Alclad's Gloss. The finish seems to be the same but the dying times are night and day, with Tamiya ready to handle is a few hours or so.

Keep 'em comig

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

After few weeks strugling with this model and all the details, finally the black primer for the alclad is ready, i was thinking by looking at this jet in black and yellow, how about if i paint some yellow numbers on the wings and tail and turn it into a pylon racer instead of the HUFF?????   :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

_MG_6631_zpsb7c46d36.jpg

_MG_6642_zps6e96e44d.jpg

_MG_6643_zps66763da3.jpg

Black paint was sanded with 12000 grit paper to remove ani imperfection on te black paint, it really look nice, this weekend will be a ALCLAD weekend finally the las stage of the paint job

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

Sweet work on the gloss black base .. and I'm expecting a NMF finish at least the equal of your Old Crow.

Keep 'em coming

Peter