New 1/32 Bomber Mosquito renderings

Cees Broere

Has no one noticed that there are BOTH single and two stage Mossies in those renders?

Yes, and different prop blades. Very nice !

But does it have photo reconnaissance parts for, say, the blue PR.XVI ?

If not, I'm holding off until the fighter variant is released with an FB.VI and NF.XIX/30 in mind.

Tony

The thought of a new 1/32 Mossie AND a Lancaster early in the New Year is truly AWESOME!
If more twins are coming I do hope that a Bristol Blenheim will be amongst them at some point?
Needless to say, USAAF twins would always be VERY welcome as well.
We are in dreamland are we not!!  :wub:

The only "part" you need is the bubble topped canopy for some a/c, and perhaps cameras.  The other "parts" are holes :)

Cameras would be nice. It's a bit more complicated than making holes in 1/32.

No doubt an enterprising AM firm will step in, but I'm looking for a mostly OOB experience to rein in cost.

Maybe a PR can be considered as a separate release later ?

I think the bomber kit will likely do spectacularly well, but the fighter release will outperform it.

A very exciting kit regardless of variant.

I might still get an HKM bomber if there are interesting colour schemes beyond fighter type green/grey which I will be doing on an FB or later NF.

Tony

An observation by Roy Sutherland o'er on Hyper;

"Noooooo! Heavy sigh. I hope it's not too late to fix it. October 28 2014, 1:39 PM 

Overlaying the CAD drawings of the single stage nacelles on the B Mk IV with the same exact view of the B/PR Mk XVI, the nacelles are the exact same length. 

This is not an interpretation and cannot be affected by angle of viewing. Its the same drawing with one set of parts switched off in the first view, and the other parts switched on in the second. 

This is a common mistake. The two stage nacelles are quite different, being, IIRC, 8 inches longer. More than this, the entire cowling is different, its not just a matter of adding a chin intake and some exhaust vents on the side. The cowlings, and the way they merge into the upper wing, have different lines and cross sections. 

I've studied 2 stage nacelles for years. This aint it. sad.gif
Happy modelling! Roy"
Edited by Kagemusha

Guest Clunkmeister

Cameras would be nice. It's a bit more complicated than making holes in 1/32.

No doubt an enterprising AM firm will step in, but I'm looking for a mostly OOB experience to rein in cost.

Maybe a PR can be considered as a separate release later ?

I think the bomber kit will likely do spectacularly well, but the fighter release will outperform it.

A very exciting kit regardless of variant.

I might still get an HKM bomber if there are interesting colour schemes beyond fighter type green/grey which I will be doing on an FB or later NF.

Tony

Tony, I respectfully disagree on the fighter outperforming it. With the glass nose, there are many more versions within reach. I will buy the fighter as well, but I've been really waiting for the bomber. To me it's the 'classic' Mossie. An unarmed high speed PR and bomber.....

I'm pretty sure the kit will be done as a PR. XVI, but I've emailed HK to ask specifically.  He'll be at Telford in any event, so you can ask yourself.  He'll have at least some parts, but probably not the whole kit, with him there.

Oh dear ! I Might have to get all three then !

Tony

I can't believe we are getting SO many fantastic kits at the moment! Who'd have thought we would be collectively terrified the rate of new kits was going to outstrip our ability to buy them all? I have no idea which way to look next......

Tim

I can't believe we are getting SO many fantastic kits at the moment! Who'd have thought we would be collectively terrified the rate of new kits was going to outstrip our ability to buy them all? I have no idea which way to look next......

Tim

I've given up on almost all 1:32 subjects, with just a few exceptions, but the prolific way the kits are appearing is amazing.

Tim

The growth of 1/32 has been nothing short of remarkable! Trumpy's misshaped F4F seems like ancient history...

Guest Clunkmeister

Tim

Just the fact that we're arguing about if the bomber or the fighter was the best FIRST release is amazing... Edited by Clunkmeister