Sign in to follow this  
skyraider

why not go really big

Im probably daydreaming but imagine a 32nd sr-71 in that flawless resin. I recently ordered the tf-9j kit and it is nice. With the level of craftsmanship on the tf-9j i know it would be awesome.Just a thought.

I remember a photo of an Ader Eole next to an SR-71, probably with both in 1/72 scale. That would be nice to see as a comparison in 1/32, but I have little or no idea how to display it without a huge amount of shelf space.

Tnarg

I like big models but I would prefer a large flying boat.

Remember Dave Thompson? He scratch build the German Condor in 1/32. Then he stored it under his bed. If we want a large kit we will find a place to store it.

I just do not know if the market will support a large model in resin. The cost would be rather steep, wouldn't it?

I can see one building a biggie  from scratch for one's own enjoyment, though.

Rock on! :punk:

Stephen

Guest Clunkmeister

I can't see the day I need to sign a bill of lading from a trucking company for my latest kit.....

Dang!

For those of you who want to try a different medium - try this: http://www.ecardmodels.com/index.php/1-32-lockheed-sr-71-blackbird-paper-model.html  If paper is not your thing then try the paper-to-plastic route using this $12.00 kit as a pattern.  This is a superb kit, by the way and is stupendously large!

For those of you who want to try a different medium - try this: http://www.ecardmodels.com/index.php/1-32-lockheed-sr-71-blackbird-paper-model.html  If paper is not your thing then try the paper-to-plastic route using this $12.00 kit as a pattern.  This is a superb kit, by the way and is stupendously large!

Yup, just follow Peters lead!

1/24th F7F Tigercat paper to plastic

At the risk of appearing to shill for Ken West, he also has at the same site a 1:32 X-15 (plus a 1:48 B-70 and B-58 just begging to be enlarged 150%.)  I buy everything Ken designs just to marvel at the engineering he incorporates in his models.

I'd be very happy to build a 1/32 Blackbird. But why not go really big? Maybe because it would go very expensive, at least in resin. (I love the HPH Catalina, but i will have to wait a bit more to buy it). On the other hand, that's true that a SR-71 is most an "outside" model than the Catalina with a very few inner details. But it would take a huge amount of resin anyway.

Edited by Zero77