new 1/32 T-6 coming

KAGNEW

However, as I understand it, the armed version of the T-6 was the T-6D and it was known as "Mosquito" not "Texan".

It was used by FACS in Korea and Vietnam.

Howard, the box art is of the T-6G Tomcat as used by the French, Portuguese, and Congo.  From what I see in my kit of the earlier release, everything for this version was already in the box and the Shark Mouth is on the superb decal sheet from Zotz

ZTZ32062c.JPG

The Mosquito would be an excellent follow up if KittyHawk continues their series.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmotuh

Howard, the box art is of the T-6G Tomcat as used by the French, Portuguese, and Congo.  From what I see in my kit of the earlier release, everything for this version was already in the box and the Shark Mouth is on the superb decal sheet from Zotz

ZTZ32062c.JPG

The Mosquito would be an excellent follow up if KittyHawk continues their series.

Regards,

Well it's clearly NOT a Texan.

That was the point I was trying to make.  Although I was not aware that it was called a Tomcat (thanks for the info).

I think Kitty Hawk should change the boxart to reflect the correct variant and name.

But that's just me.

Edited by Black Sheep One

• 2 weeks later...

I may just have to 'git me one of them!

If I could toss in an idea, an EARLY Texan, say an SNJ-1/2/3 would be superb. It could be done up in Yellow Wings markings, or my favorite, the Enterprise Air Group's CAG/utility SNJ immediately prewar. Please forgive me for using the SNJ designation, but I'm partial to Navy birds. There are a number of Navy and Army Yellow Peril schemes for these models, too, plus tons of liason and assorted hacks that could be made.

Thank you for listening!

Bob

ob_2f62c589db8a41f920790ff4c111b466_k133k13384.jpgk15001.jpg500px-DiveBomber_SNJ-3.jpg5104cb86dc812.jpg

In the pic of NAS Miami I see some F3F's in the background, and possibly a few Helldivers. Both of those would be great in 32 scale. The only F3F is the old Monogram kit which is toy like and No one has done the Helldiver. Ether the Bi or the beast from WW11.    gunfighter366

Glen, I read somewhere that you learned something from the T-6 kit? Then what is this, or is the Harvard fuselage and canopy now tooled and included? If it is I'll buy a dozen!

Thing is, I notice there is a Swediish option included...only one small problem, that's a Harvard not a Texan...

colours-2.jpg

16064F10-80m64snobben.jpg