ghatherly

NEW! F-15 PW 229 Highly Detailed Engine set for late “E�, K, S

Lovely stuff Gary. The doughnut looks superb on this set and I'm impressed by the supplemental intake. You nailed the shape on that bad boy.

Good job man.

Cheers

Thanks Geedubelyer for the kind words.   

Here are the fan pictures and a cut section of the nozzle to show the intricate inside details.

DSCN4454_zpsb0026913.jpg

A better picture of the PW 229 exhaust

DSCN4467_zps384eb4ab.jpg

They fit the Revell just fine, but the Revell engine set requires additional parts that come in the Tamiya Kit.    The kit for the Revell just has not been released yet as I am waiting for the control arms and the Pushrods, And Burner parts to be made.  Look for the Revell kit in The next two weeks.  Price will be $35

If you have the Tamiya parts in your stash, then this set will be perfect.   One interesting fact is that the Revell and the Tamiya F-15 are of the exact same size, so many of the accessories will work on either kit.

Thanks for your support,

Gary

Oh yes, that's very good news :m0152:

Got few of both kits, look forward to it........

My friend, you rocking the AF business, those new options are most welcome......  :thumbsup:

Dan.

Gary- Curious as to how that burner tube and P&W-229 engine face would fit the Tamiya F-16 Thunderbirds kit?  Do you have one of those kits to check the fit, or is there a way to get a test copy (just the tube and the engine face) so I could see if they will work on the kit I have here?  Would be happy to buy if they work, just a bit reluctant to purchase the entire set as I wouldn't need the exhaust cans.

Gary- Curious as to how that burner tube and P&W-229 engine face would fit the Tamiya F-16 Thunderbirds kit?  Do you have one of those kits to check the fit, or is there a way to get a test copy (just the tube and the engine face) so I could see if they will work on the kit I have here?  Would be happy to buy if they work, just a bit reluctant to purchase the entire set as I wouldn't need the exhaust cans.

Hey Frank,  They fit perfectly.   You will need to trim a little off of the outside of the flame holder ring, as it slides into the slot just forward of the rear fan face.   IF you look at the tamiya part int he F-16 kit, it has a long center section so it can be used with the display stand option.   IT does not need to be that far forward as the kit would have you place it.   I have a resin fan with a shorter center hub that is for the F-15 and it will work very nicely.   None of the kits priestly offered have the F-16 nozzle and the tube, but I can set you up with whatever you need from parts.

Very nice resin set !

Just be careful that the cooling air intakes are only to be on the aircraft powered by F100-PW-229, and not the PW-220 powered. (That's a big concern on my build as i still dont know wich scheme i will do, but have to choose an after-burner type before closing the fuselage !)

Edited by Zero77

Hi Zero77.

You point out a very important highlight with the Differences between the 100/220 and the 229 equipped jets.   The Larger MSOG intake vents are also used on the GE engined K, SG and SA Strike Eagles.   

Also, one of the benefits of our engine sets is that they install from the back,  so you don’t have to decide until later which engine you are going to use.    I will have an update set for the eagle out in January for the Strike Eagle.  It will include updated antennas that you can choose which ones to use for the particular jet you are modeling,   552/129 adaptors and launch rails, steering damper, Proper sized Fin housing,  for the airframe.   For the cockpit there will be updated input panels,  Correct HOTAS throttles, correct control sticks, and more detailed parts for the rear dash, canopy locks, and ACES II seats both with and without belts.  This will all be in one kit and separate form the engine set, so you can buy either the 100/220 or the 229 set.

I will announce more on the Eagle offerings after the new year,   But they will include a F-15A Back date set, and a F-15 C update that can be made MSIP 1, MSIP II, and later updates, and some other versions.  Eventually we will have update sets for the F-15 I,  K,  SG, and the SA.

Merry Christmas

Gary

GT Resin Products

Hey Gary, I'm confused, which is pretty normal. Which F-15 exhaust set would you use to build a late F-15C? I don't know exactly witch P&W engine it has. Also, would the F-15E -229 exhaust WITH Turkey Feathers fit the Academy F-16I Sufa Kit? Help me sort this out. Thanks.

Chuck

Hey Gary, I'm confused, which is pretty normal. Which F-15 exhaust set would you use to build a late F-15C? I don't know exactly witch P&W engine it has. Also, would the F-15E -229 exhaust WITH Turkey Feathers fit the Academy F-16I Sufa Kit? Help me sort this out. Thanks.

Chuck

Hey Chuck,

Some good questions, let me take them one at a time.

1. We make a special PW exhaust for the F-16 kits, and it will work on all of them, but it was specifically make for the Academy F-16I SUFA kit.  There is a separate thread in the forum that lists this item.m PRice is $14 per exhaust + shipping.                    http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=52002
  2. The F-15 A&B used the PW 100 engine.  The F-15C/D/CJ/DJ and the first 70 or so of the F-15E used the PW 220 engine.  the Very Early A's & B's had the turkey feathers but the USAF quickly discontinued using them.   Since then all F-15's using the PW engines of any designation are bare and fly with out turkey feathers. 
  3. The one exception is the Israeli Air Force.  The I's always have them and the other mostly use them, but can be seen without them at times.  The PW229 turkey feathers are made from Carbon Fiber, not titanium and you need to use a Cf Print decal to finish any 229 exhaust, whether used on a Eagle or a Viper.   Vipers always use the Turkey feathers and are never seen naked

So we offer a

1. PW100/220 exhaust set with PW100/220 intake fans
  2. PW 229 Exhaust set for the later Strike Eagles with 229 intake fans and the MSOG
  3. PW exhaust set with turkey feathers that will work for either engine type as we include both types of fan faces. To model an F-15I you need to purchase the MSOG vents sold separately.

I plan on having a full F-15I kit out in February that will include the exhausts, fans, all of the other internal and external Ra'am parts plus upgrades for some of the kit items.  Then the existing kit with TF's will only be for the early A/B's.

It is late and I have been sick so I hope this is understandable,,,,, Clear as mud right??

Hope this helps.    For anyone, if you contact me and tell me what you are building, I can make sure you get the right parts, and I can and do put together custom sets on a special order basis.

Merry Christmas