Next batch of book covers needed - Patrick Stephens Ltd

LSP_K2

OK, with the last batch of covers asked for now finished, it's time to move onto another section. To that end, The Patrick Stephens Ltd. section currently contains 23 books, eight of which do not have covers, and they are:

Fighting Colours: RAF Fighter Camouflage and Markings 1937-1969 - thanks Marvin Reyes!
Fighting Colours: RAF Fighter Camouflage and Markings 1937-1975 - thanks Michael Chilestone!
German Bombers over the Med - thanks Alfons Badur!
Luftwaffe Camouflage of World War 2 - thanks Ian Foulkes!
RAF Camouflage of World War 2 - thanks Ian Foulkes!
RAF Guns and Gunsights from 1914 to the Present Day - thanks Iain Wyllie!
The Aircraft Cockpit - thanks Hubert Boillot!
The Development of Piston Engines
The Radar War

As usual, if you have any of these books and can scan the covers for K1 or myself, we'd greatly appreciate it.

The current Patrick Stephens Ltd. (public), listings can be found here.

Also, a reminder that we'd prefer not to just snatch web images, but rather use our own scans, thus avoiding potential rights issues or other unpleasantness.

Thanks, fellas.

Edited by LSP_Kevin

Thanks to Marvin Reyes for the Fighting Colours book cover!

Kev

Excellent, but unfortunately that's not the correct cover. (Apparently there were two very similar books.)

I have the Aircrafth Cockpit book...

Cover to follow....

Hubert

Great. Thanks, Hubert, we appreciate the help.

Excellent, but unfortunately that's not the correct cover. (Apparently there were two very similar books.)

Are you sure? I did a bit of research on it, and the "-1975" was quoted as a second edition. Same author, publisher and title, other than the "-1969". It looks like the "-1975" version was republished by Kookaburra at around the same time. Hard to get concrete facts on books this old though.

Kev

I think that this is the one we seek. The book that limits itself to 1969 seems to have another cover, though I can see the confusion, and to be quite honest, I don't know which is which either, not really.

Yep, we're really just talking about two editions of the same book. I put a comment in the notes section about the cover, er, covering this. We've really got two ways of dealing with this. The first is to treat each edition as a separate entry (which we normally do, especially if they're republished by someone else). The second is to simply add cover images to the existing entry for all known editions. Each approach has its pros and cons. Perhaps it's time to have some "book family" metadata!

Kev