Mig -17F I'm in again

Bruce

I said I might do a Mig-17 and since i finished my F-4E I might as well do the Mig I started at the beginning of all this.  I haven't decided on a scheme yet but I've got time.  Heck , they were all silver once and so I can stop when I get it silver or paint green on top of the silver.

DSCF4322.jpg

and Ive started some work.  I cut out the wheel well and have added some walls and will add additional detail

DSCF4317.jpg

I have also made cuts for adding the resin corrected tail.

DSCF4313.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the exhaust but I've got a couple ideas.

Bruce

here is a small update.  I've mounted the resin tail and fin and re-scribed the area.  I've cut out the speed brake area and am starting to detail it.  I've got to find a tube to replace the kit combustion chamber because its too small.  I've played with the Eduard photo etch gear doors but don't like them, the detailis too thin.

DSCF4327.jpg

Bruce

Combustion chamber problem solved... I found that a piece of 3/4 inch PVC pipe fit the bill.  I sharpened the end (beveled), much like you would do to a pencil and cut it to the proper length.  It fit perfectly on the end of the kit engine (which You can't see anyhow) and fills the openening I cut out and shaped in the speed brake area.  I'll paint it and add detail to it with some lead wire and it should look great.

DSCF4330-1.jpg

DSCF4334.jpg

moving right along....

Bruce