He 219 zm questions

mark31

Hello,

I found this kit over here for a nice price(thinking of buying it)

Also the sell the PE parts for this kit as well the extra resin.

Will these extra parts make a big difrence over the kit parts?

I have seen a few models out off the box and that looks already great.

Never build a zm kit so it will be my first

Why im asking then i only have to pay shipping once

Thanks Mark

Edited by mark31

That's probably for you to decide Mark, personally I wont be getting any extras for mine....the kits are involved enough without extras! :)

If you go to the Volks USA site you can see clear pics of what you get to help with your decision.

Nice stuff, just not for me. (the gun barrels are tempting though.)

I get where Mark is coming from. This build over on another forum is pretty much OOB except for "color PE dials in the cockpit, Eduard's fabric seat belts, brass gun barrels, brass landing gear dampers, brass antennae. I also have the brass replacement stuff for the radar array in front, but decided the plastic looked good enough, I'll save the brass stuff for another kit that might need it more. But as far as stuff like the engine, it's all stock (even the wiring) with my only modification being cutting it all up "creatively" to show off the innards (pistons, etc.)."

I totaled up the kit and extras this morning from Volks and it came to $430 if you get the resin tires, brass gun barrels and various PE. I'd like to know from someone who has built it whether the extras are going to make a difference?

Having the kit and most of the AM stuff in my stash, I would say that most is probably not needed. The one I would skip for sure is the landing gear. The kit already comes with metal legs in addition to plastic ones so you're duplicating things and not really getting much more. The brass radar anntena are nice but look to be a PITA to put together as there are many very small PE brackets to fold and attach. Which is probably one reason I haven't started mine yet. Maybe I should build it as a prototype without radar...

If you want to see any pics of the sets, let me know and I can get them for you.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Save your add on money and get this book instead, it's just superb and pretty inexpensive.

http://www.valiant-wings.co.uk/airframe-constructor-no2-46-p.asp

Of course the techniques inside can be used for other models as well, but it is a step by step guide to building the model.

Ryan

It's a very nice book. Check out my review from when it first came out:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1259

Kev

I've had my eye on this one for a while.  It's an expensive piece for sure.  Can anyone tell me- does the kit include metal gear legs?  Or was that a pre-order special?  I'm not going to spend an extra $30 if there are already metal gear in the kit.