Tamiya Mustang.. back to the bench.

williamj

William

Astonishing ... One gorgeous Mustang and a fantastic build.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Bill:

Beautiful! That is one fantastic build. Kudos, Andy

This type of shot has the potential to highlight a lot of flaws in most models. For yours, it just shows how damn clean it is. I'm both impressed and jealous. Just a fabulous job, Bill!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

John

Thank you for the nice comments and for joining in gentlemen...Wishing you and yours all the best.

Cheer's  William.

Edited by williamj

Guest Peterpools

William

Absolutely top flight work and finish  :clap2: Looking forward to your next Mustang build - the scheme  and markings looks great. Right with you as I have one more Tamiya Mustang in the stash and looking to do it as an early D without the fillet. I guess the old saying is true: just can't have enough Mustangs.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

....well this has made it to my desktop background for some much needed inspiration....

Still just in total awe of your workmanship, accuracy, and detail.  Thanks for allowing us to ride along.

I thank you sir..too kind.

WOW, just wow ! Can I have it ? LOL......Harv  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :punk:

Wow William, beautiful tribute!

one other great of my favorite from Tamiya.

Merry Christmas

raf

William.

PHWOAR !!!!    

:yahoo:

GORGEOUS   ...

'Nuff said. :coolio: :wub:

That is one nice-looking model.  Good show!

Sincerely,

Mark

William

Absolutely top flight work and finish  :clap2: Looking forward to your next Mustang build - the scheme  and markings looks great. Right with you as I have one more Tamiya Mustang in the stash and looking to do it as an early D without the fillet. I guess the old saying is true: just can't have enough Mustangs.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks gentlemen...Let's keep it fun.

Guest Peterpools

William

It's the name of the game and that is exactly what the hobby should be all about: fun, relaxation and the comradely of our membership

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Great work, William! Could you elaborate a bit more on how you modified the gear struts so you could install them after gluing in the leading edge inserts? I have a friend building the kit who is in the process of getting the wing assembled, and filling in all the rivets.

Cheers,

david

Sure David....Start with the outer gear cover, build it as the instructions show with the supports in place "don't" build the gear leg with this in place though,leave it until after the gear leg is glued into the wing.  make sure the top gear leg "lug" is masked off..no paint on it,as well as the back opening for the lug is masked as well.you want plastic to plastic in there(it's tight as it is).  The top of the outer gear cover  should be narrowed slightly,or the opening for the top tab of the cover widened in the wing,you want this to be able to slide in freely(it is too tight as it is now).  I covered the large opening at the top of the gear leg(where the screw goes in(not using it,wont fit), with a sheet plastic cover,don't fill this with putty or filler as it may soften the plastic and deform it.    Build the gear leg with the oleo scissors in place etc.,,,when you're ready. put a drop or two of liquid cement in the gear lug opening and press the leg back into it. use the end of a paint brush(or whatever) to(gently) lever it into place,It will lock back in there lined up perfectly,don't put weight on them and support the model until they're set.   That's about it.

Cheer's

Edited by williamj