Tamiya Mustang.. back to the bench.

williamj

Couldn't get any better 'n that Bill! Do you have a pic you could share of the rectangular cover that replaces the antenna wire pulley assembly? Very intriguing detail. By the way, I'm pretty sure the bombs were attached to the pylons after the pylons were attached to the wings................... :whistle:

Cheers,

Wolf

P.S. Don't bring this to any competition I may have anything entered in. Just sayin'

Sorry Wolf...I don't have a pic handy at the moment..perhaps someone else can supply one.it was a clear small panel that covered the hole left when pulley was removed,made mine out of two layers of Tam.tape,cut the panel out ..placed in position and filled with future,simple solution.

Cheers Dude.

Shaaazzzzaaaam! This Is It! Love it Bill! Did you have to tweak anything to get the fit of the piece for the spine? Dry fitting mine looks like the gap (if you can call it that) looks to be slightly wider than the surrounding panel lines. Yours looks perfect.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Shaaazzzzaaaam! This Is It! Love it Bill! Did you have to tweak anything to get the fit of the piece for the spine? Dry fitting mine looks like the gap (if you can call it that) looks to be slightly wider than the surrounding panel lines. Yours looks perfect.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks a bunch Wolf..and yes,be cautious about both,tail assembly and upper spine piece,if they aren't just so it throws it all out,had minor filling on the lower section because we were rushing it a bit.

William

Astonishing ... One gorgeous Mustang and a fantastic build.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks Peter.I do appreciate your following . This is probably the best kit I've ever put together,certainly the most accurately detailed.will have to have the new Corsair without doubt.

I have one more in the stash that we would like to do in RCAF markings in 2015(take a bit more time on it),built one a long while back using the smaller Hasegawa kit.here's a pic.

same markings as this..course RCAF Mustangs were painted overall silver,so a bit less work on the finish.

williamlawlor417sq48has_zpsbeea4a94.jpg

Edited by williamj

Glad you liked it Andy.. and thanks..we both got into this one didn't we?

Cheers.

We did. I love the photos of Col. Mason in front of "This Is It" with his ground crew and the other leaders of the 352nd FG. Those photos capture the beautiful lines of the Mustang, and the 352nd is my favorite Mustang group of the Mighty 8th. Your build is one of the finest models of a 352nd Mustang that I have seen. Andy