Tamiya Mustang.. back to the bench.

williamj

No worries Kevin...Product is Parafilm "M" laboratory film.MicroMark.com. Never used any that didn't have backing paper??

I just checked it out, and it does indeed have a transparent backing. It's a product called Nescofilm, made by Alfresa Pharma Corporation, in Osaka, Japan.

Kev

I just checked it out, and it does indeed have a transparent backing. It's a product called Nescofilm, made by Alfresa Pharma Corporation, in Osaka, Japan.

Kev

Not familiar with Nescofilm,This is what I have been using for years.

DSCF6031_zpsdcf3ade9.jpg

How about some colour??

Just a few touch ups and then the dreaded ham fisted decaling job. And no..haven't used three shades of blue,the center pic is natural light midday,the last at dusk. 

DSCF6035_zps471fc519.jpg

DSCF6040_zpse98b68bf.jpg

dramatic lighting at dusk.

DSCF6039_zpse3a61f2c.jpg

Edited by williamj

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!

And kudos on showing the differences in the blue based on available lighting, thats huge.  

In my memory, I have not seen a better job on a NMF Mustang, you have absolutely nailed it in every way, I cannot wait to see this finished.

I will be taking a whole new approach to my Mustang NMF finishes....thanks!

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!

And kudos on showing the differences in the blue based on available lighting, thats huge.  

In my memory, I have not seen a better job on a NMF Mustang, you have absolutely nailed it in every way, I cannot wait to see this finished.

I will be taking a whole new approach to my Mustang NMF finishes....thanks!

Thanks for the nice comment..so glad you picked up on the lighting and different shades that appear..those old photos throw a lot of us off on correct colours yet still.

I like the last shade of blue the best........... ;)

She looks great Bill. Looks like she'll be on her legs soon eh?

Cheers,

Wolf

Hope to have it finished this week Wolf..working up the letters "THIS.IS.IT! " on the nose this evening. Bit of a bear as Airfix got them wrong on their 1/24 so had to put the thinking cap on and do a changeup on the letters...cap doesn't fit like it used to either.