superbug, twin tails ´n twin engines FINISHED

blackbetty

• 1 month later...

thanx Kai!

suffering from lack of motivation lately, but some footage on the net about the Carl Vinson carrier showed the superhornet in acton, so i did a little more.

the area behind the pit is now finished and i aded some side wall detail

49_zps4ec76f2b.jpg

50_zps79747b8b.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

• 3 weeks later...

that is a good idea, but i dont have a spare one, so i modified the kit part. i seem to have some kind of builders block lately, but non the less i started correcting the fuselage front sides, the detail is much too pronounced. if you want the IFR probe door closed you are also in for a suprise (hardly) - it doesnt fit without scraping and cutting

51_zpsu0lsqprz.jpg

52_zps3clbxhax.jpg

53_zpswlq0lped.jpg

Going through your build brings back a lot of memories. This kit has a lot of issues, took me a while to figure out how to fit all the fuselage parts together. Easy to lose motivation on this kit, you're doing great, keep at it!!

Don

thanx all

i have finally buttoned up the cockpit because else i would never get any progress. the painting is not my best. i feel like my abilities, if there ever were any, start to degrade even more. sigh

for alignement help of the big fuselage parts i started to glue tabs to verious locations.

54_zpsyn8melqx.jpg

55_zpsvuz8fvhu.jpg

Edited by blackbetty