S-3B Viking - scratchbuilt

Starfighter

Well, if that's your decision, just GIVE the stash away to brothers-in-need ... Muhahahaha !

Hubert, PMing his addy to receive your generous offer :-D

Hubert, I said SELL, haha. I may be depressed, but I ain't stupid. :rofl:

Seriously, this guy is really good.

Got a parcel from Shapeways yesterday. Here's a look at some of the included parts - the wingfolds. 

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

The good thing is: they fit the wings! :)

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

After some sanding and priming, they should look fine. Details will be added later; the hinges will be made with CNC or laser cut plastic sheet.

Ah ok thanks. Vector is a program/format used to form images that a friend used a lot. Im not that familiar with it, but it seems its used a lot in automotive CAD stuff...............Im not the expert and maybe others could expand better than I.

I will check out the site............thanks!

Ah ok thanks. Vector is a program/format used to form images that a friend used a lot.

I'm not aware of any software called Vector, but the vector format is very common, and forms the basis of a lot of illustration and drawing software (Illustrator, Flash, Corel Draw, etc). Instead of storing a bitmap of pixels, like JPEG does, the vector format is, essentially, a mathematical description of all the lines, shapes and colours in an image. This makes it infinitely scalable without loss of quality, but the trade-off is that it's not very suitable for photo-realistic imagery. Decals are designed using the vector format, for example.

Kev