S-3B Viking - scratchbuilt

Starfighter

I wasn't able to obtain a correct and smooth transition between the fuselage center section and the wings by hand - it just didn't look as it should seen from front. I am pretty sure nobody would have noticed, but well... I do! :D I will have to redesign the wingfolds as well. There's quite a lot of work ahead! 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I have tested a some new elements for the Viking last week - the elevetors look quite good in terms of shape and size, the canopy requires a few more adjustments before it can serve as master to vacuform the final canopy.

IMG_7830a.jpg

Edited by Starfighter

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you for your interest! :) I am currently focused on the Prowler in order to get it ready for the BSMC show on December 11th; the Viking will get back on the bench afterwards. I was able to source a significant amount of Ureol which will be used to machine the center wing portion. I have tried to laminate glass fibre mats onto a styrofoam master to obtain an usable part, but this did not work out as expected. The machined part will serve as master for silicone moulds. 

I swear, I haven't forgotten the Viking - it's still in sight! :)

IMG_0121.jpg