S-3B Viking - scratchbuilt

Starfighter

4 weeks until the end of the deadline. I have decided to build a proper base this time. I've been experimenting with several methods of simulating the nonskid on ca carrier deck and I think I am getting closer to what I'd like to obtain. It's a tad too rough and too irregular, but I'll have to live with it this time. No time to start a new base before the show. The base is made of Forex, Padeyes are my own 3D printed ones, welding seams from stretched sprue, surface texture made of artist structure paste. 

img_65109efe6.jpeg

img_6511fscfw.jpeg

img_65117pf43.jpg

img_65121jfnf.jpeg

img_65683fdkj.jpeg

The wingfolds are almost ready.

img_65445afgy.jpeg

img_6545zld59.jpeg

The static dischargers are from Master. The were fitted into tubes made of stretched Q-Tips which are sadly pretty difficult to glue. I should probably have used syringes, no idea why I didn't think of that. I am already looking forward to breaking them at least five times each time I handle the model.

img_6571uzcq5.jpeg

img_6572zqcd4.jpg

Here's a few crappy pics of the almost finished model on its base. What's missing? Position lights, windscreen wipers and the loadout on the RH side pylon. I'll probably use my CAD designed Douglas tank, I first have to print one, though. If I have enough time left, I will build some wheel chocks, chain tensioners, small details and figurines for the base. 

img_6573rjc4p.jpeg

img_6574d4ce0.jpeg

img_6575khcpr.jpeg

img_6576zjerz.jpeg

img_6577x0f9f.jpeg

img_6578p8ihb.jpeg

img_657998e53.jpeg

img_6580kiicn.jpeg

img_65818wi4c.jpeg

Just say these words in your head a few times and, really let it sink in .... A scratch-built, 1/32nd scale, S-3 Viking !! What more needs to be said ??!!

This is a thing of beauty and a remarkable testament to your never ending talents and skills Ben plus, she's the ONLY ONE like her in the world !! Quite an accomplishment and you should be very proud of her.

Of course you know now that all this hard work is behind you, someone will now release a Viking in 32nd scale.  :D

Steve