S-3B Viking - scratchbuilt

Starfighter

Thanks for your encouragement, I am trying not to disappoint you at the end!

The steps are getting smaller, but the end is approaching. The Sargent Fletcher buddy pod is now officially done. I have decided the RAT cover with a proper RAT. I haven't found a single photo of the cover fitted to a pod mounted onto an aircraft during flight ops, all the photos I have show aircraft totally covered up during port visits. The RAT is a modified part coming from the Revell Tornado buddy pod which my friend Kai was kind enough to send me. Thank you very much, mate!

img_64452zf2t.jpg

img_6444qwcmm.jpg

The basket was also painted and fitted. It looks quite OK IMO.

img_64537sc4m.jpg

img_6470sqfc4.jpg

The fuel dump pipes on the underside were added as well. The curved one was made using a stretched Q-Tip as its diameter is not constant; the two smaller pipes are parts of a hypodermic needle.

img_64768pe1o.jpg

img_6475yyiwd.jpg

Small parts have to be treated as well - the lightning conductors and the AOA probe were burnished. 

img_6452o4inq.jpg

The next big task is wiring the wingfolds. The RH side one is in progress, a very time consuming work which I don't like at all.

img_647464i1y.jpg

Once the wingfolds are ready, I just have to add the lightning conductors, pitot tubes and windscreen wipers. 

Exactly what everyone said above and more Ben,  you are truly a very talented artist. This has been so enjoyable to watch come together. I only wish that we weren't half a world away because I'd love to see this, and your other work,  in person. Keep it up and as usual, looking forward to the next progress report.

Steve

1 hour ago, A-10LOADER said:

Exactly what everyone said above and more Ben,  you are truly a very talented artist. This has been so enjoyable to watch come together. I only wish that we weren't half a world away because I'd love to see this, and your other work,  in person. Keep it up and as usual, looking forward to the next progress report.

Steve

Couldn't have said it better myself!