MH 60 Academy SeaHawk. 1/35 scale.

shark64

41 minutes ago, brahman104 said:

Beautiful Oliver! What did you make the silver reservior thingies out of, or are they just painted?

Cheers,

Craig

I used styrene rods. they were primed black , given a  glossy coat and painted with silver metalizer then rubbed with a cotton ball to give it shine.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice line-work.

This is what I see:

2 tone grey matches almost everything in one manner or another. The brown one is a complete contrast, moving into the cool-warm contrast between ground and figure (helicopter) arena.  The third falls into the light-dark contrast category.

20190526_124109_zps3ak5gunk.jpg

The 2 tone grey body is a neutral solution, will be visually absorbed by the base as they are similar colors, and will fall away, the purpose of camouflage,

20190422_153306_zpsml5ypvzq.jpgleaving the detail as the highlight, as it is dissimilar in color to the figure and ground.  From a color concept perspective, this is what the detail will look like against the solid grey ground, because this ground is a solid light grey ground, as well.

20190526_103549_zps8fqrh2zt.jpg

This is a visually neutral solution between the figure and ground.

20190526_103608_zpskpwkzuu1.jpg

I like the cool/warm 2-tone.  It's a more dynamic solution against what is already there than the other 2.

Everything else fairly matches the base and therefore is one with the base (white, yellow, and grey) and will recede compared to the 2 tone brown, which will stand out and become a center of interest.

Anyway, for what it's worth, this is my take.  Best of luck with your decision.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

7 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Nice line-work.

This is what I see:

2 tone grey matches almost everything in one manner or another. The brown one is a complete contrast, moving into the cool-warm contrast between ground and figure (helicopter) arena.  The third falls into the light-dark contrast category.

20190526_124109_zps3ak5gunk.jpg

The 2 tone grey body is a neutral solution, will be visually absorbed by the base as they are similar colors, and will fall away, the purpose of camouflage,

20190422_153306_zpsml5ypvzq.jpgleaving the detail as the highlight, as it is dissimilar in color to the figure and ground.  From a color concept perspective, this is what the detail will look like against the solid grey ground, because this ground is a solid light grey ground, as well.

20190526_103549_zps8fqrh2zt.jpg

This is a visually neutral solution between the figure and ground.

20190526_103608_zpskpwkzuu1.jpg

I like the cool/warm 2-tone.  It's a more dynamic solution against what is already there than the other 2.

Everything else fairly matches the base and therefore is one with the base (white, yellow, and grey) and will recede compared to the 2 tone brown, which will stand out and become a center of interest.

Anyway, for what it's worth, this is my take.  Best of luck with your decision.

Sincerely,

Mark

thanks Mark for taking the time to study this .