MH 60 Academy SeaHawk. 1/35 scale.

shark64

Your skill-set is simply remarkable, Oliver.  Following your progress is a delight.  Did you draw/produce your decals?  Is your figure painting bud local to you and a member of SCAHMS?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

Your skill-set is simply remarkable, Oliver.  Following your progress is a delight.  Did you draw/produce your decals?  Is your figure painting bud local to you and a member of SCAHMS?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi

I used the decals supplied for the tractor and some from a F4 set. Figures were done by one of the top figure painter in Spain.

Oliver

Hi there. Please don't take this the wrong way, your work is so good and I admire it greatly. This is also your model and your vision, so do ignore me entirely on that basis too. But I was struck looking at the pictures this morning that the vehicles felt a little too "dusty". This is a carrier where I assume (I have never been on one at sea), dust is less of an issue but salt spray and rain are more common. I wasn't getting that sense of sea weathering, but that is purely an opinion.

As I said, your work is spectacular.

Guest Peterpools

Matt

I’ve been checking out stamp collecting for quite some time after following Oliver’s incredible work over the years.

Maybe we can join a stamp collecting club together;)

Peter

6 hours ago, thammond65 said:

Hi there. Please don't take this the wrong way, your work is so good and I admire it greatly. This is also your model and your vision, so do ignore me entirely on that basis too. But I was struck looking at the pictures this morning that the vehicles felt a little too "dusty". This is a carrier where I assume (I have never been on one at sea), dust is less of an issue but salt spray and rain are more common. I wasn't getting that sense of sea weathering, but that is purely an opinion.

As I said, your work is spectacular.

Hi,

Thanks so much for your input. I was not trying to duplicate dust but only a shadowing effect using a wash technique. According to the photos I found on the internet these tractors do get beat up as you can see. This is my very first try  doing any vehicles for a dio and I must admit I still have a lot to learn. I will try to duplicate the rain and salt weathering on my next one. Thanks again for your help i am glad to hear you like the dio so far. 

20180709_083011_zpsuc16qyub.jpg

20180709_083143_zpszuc6eofi.jpg

Edited by shark64