1/32 Tamiya F4U-1A

cbk57

Too True Jennings ... I think I only had to wait about 4-5 months after it was released before picking it up at about $130-140AUD ... Given USD was about 0.9 AUD at the time ... that's heaps less than the original asking retail was ...

Rog :)

I preordered mine from Hobbylink Japan for about $110.  With shipping approximately $30 (For FedEx) that's still way cheaper than $215.  What distributor is quoting a $215 MSRP, MMD?  I think in all reality, the MSRP will be somewhat lower than that figure and even then, nobody except those who don't care or don't know will pay full MSRP for the kit.

EDIT:  Well, it seems according to the Tamiya USA website, the MSRP for this kit won't be $215 but for all intents and purposes, it might as well be since the website quotes the MSRP at $213. 

Edited by Juggernut

Guest Peterpools

Not sure if I want to pre-order or wait for Sprue Brothers, as their every day pricing is excellent

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Hmmm.... Hotlinking not permitted by Tamiyablog.com.  Can't see what's there but a quick Google search yielded the pictures.  I noticed they gave the earlier distributors on the 2800 vs. the later ones in the -1 kit.  Some saavy modelers could swap parts between the kits to avoid having to purchase aftermarket corrections it seems.

Edited by Juggernut

Not sure I understood that either... :hmmm:

...But I got the point about the price of kits. I've always held out for a good price, and eventually you'll get it somewhere. I tend to buy my Tamiya kits via Ebay / Hong Kong and usually save a packet! I know that I'm probably being a bad boy by doing this, but these days I have to watch the pennies closely!

Regards;

Steve