TBM-3 Avenger

zak

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps just a small update, sorry for the crappy photos...im working on that ;)

Some more work on the wing fold mechanism, bit of primer to see how things are looking

DSC_4750.jpg

DSC_4753.jpg

Some detail added to the main gears. Added the micro switch, bits of micro tubing and the thingy above the torque arm.

DSC_4745.jpg

DSC_4748.jpg

And with paint on. Weathering up next and more gear bay detailing. Thanks for looking

DSC_4760.jpg

DSC_4761.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi chaps thanks again for the comments, really nice bunch of folks here on LSP.

Build is still moving forward, got a bit distracted with other modelling exploits but the avenger is on the bench again!

Wings coming together, added some very light stressed skin effect (which im thinking may be too light) then added archers rivets. Ive used a selection of different archers sets, including their newish 'n' scale rivets which are very tightly packed together (see the black lines?) This is more accurate according to my refs of the real aircraft. I'll be punching the rivets along the wings leading edge as they should be flush. Also decided to scrap the landing gears and start again using scale model conversions white metal legs.

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

Thanks for looking 

Edited by zak

Thanks Anthony! Big tip..patience! Which I'm sure you have in abundance ;). Seriously though all I do is make sure the surface is silky smooth, soak decals for 5 secs, brush on a little microset and stick it on. When dry I'll put a couple of successive coats of microsol to bed them down. Expensive, yes, but a great product