Ki-61 Tony; 68 Sentai, Weathering!

LSP_K2

Good to see you back at this one, K2! Nice progress so far.

Kev

Thanks, Kev. I'm having second thoughts about the scheme though, as the Montex masks look like they may be too much for me.

Great progress, Kevin!! That's the scheme i did for the Eric Winkle Brown GB. Used decals for the tail flash, gun port decals, all else was painted.

Don

What decals did you use? I'm looking for some now.

What decals did you use? I'm looking for some now.

Hello Kevin, i used Wolfpack decals 32001. Hasegawa has some nice schemes, decals a little thick, IIRC Lifelike or Techmod did decals did sheets as well. Don't know the scheme you're doing, but i would use Montex masks without hesitation. Used them on my Sturmovik and others have had great sucess with them.

Don

Hello Kevin, i used Wolfpack decals 32001. Hasegawa has some nice schemes, decals a little thick, IIRC Lifelike or Techmod did decals did sheets as well. Don't know the scheme you're doing, but i would use Montex masks without hesitation. Used them on my Sturmovik and others have had great sucess with them.

Don

Terrific. Thanks for the info. I'll try to chase down a set then. I'll be doing the same scheme you chose, but the masks look like they may be pretty tricky for me, so I'd much prefer to go the decal route, for the tail logo specifically.

Kevin, that is sensational mate!! Perfect finish and weathering.

Everything just looks 'right'

Well done of a tricky paintjob

Cheers

Anthony

Anthony, that's actually Don's completed build shown in this thread, not K2's! Don posted it as an example of the scheme Kevin is shooting for.

Kev

Anthony, that's actually Don's completed build shown in this thread, not K2's! Don posted it as an example of the scheme Kevin is shooting for.

Kev

Aaah...my bad, I just went back and re read the thread (lol that rhymes) instead of just the last page.

Still great progress K2!!!

Aaah...my bad, I just went back and re read the thread (lol that rhymes) instead of just the last page.

Still great progress K2!!!

It happens. Mine will deviate from his ever so slightly, inasmuch as I'll be shooting for a more weather beaten look.

While playing around in the background tonight, I went ahead and have now added this build thread to the Hasegawa Ki-61 kit family portion of the database, so that all five kits in the family now have a direct link to right back here. Too cool.